Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cover Art Revealed: Crossed (Matched #2) by Ally Condie

Ally Condie recently revealed the cover for Crossed, the sequel to her bestselling novel Matched:



I cannot tell you how much I love this cover. Not only does it fit with the cover theme of the first book and match the content of the series, it is also FIERCE! Cassia is busting out! I love it and it makes me incredibly excited to read Crossed (as if I wasn't already...). Ally also mentioned in her post that the green and now blue colors align with the tablets in Matched, which I think is a brilliant detailed touch on the part of the designers. I just hope they keep the sparkly ARC cover this time rather than switching to the burnished grey cover for the finished copy like they did with Matched.

What do you think? Here's the Matched cover for comparison:

4 comments:

Natalie (Mindful Musings) said...

I really like the cover...but I still need to read Matched! It's sitting on my shelf, I just have to get around to it!

BLHmistress said...

I thought Matched was an awesome cover but I am loving Crossed even more.

lisa :) said...

Okay maybe this is me being too analytical or technical, but I look at that cover and think "Ow! That looks painful!" And really, if you were breaking out of a glass - or even hard plastic - bubble shell, wouldn't there be some scratches on your skin? Not that I want scrapes and bruises on the poor girl. Also, I can't help but think that if I were trying to break out of something like that I certainly wouldn't try for two different exit points. Once an arm or leg was free I would just chip away at the existent opening rather than start a new one...

But that's just me. (And I really need to read this series too!)

Larissa {Larissa's Bookish Life} said...

These covers are awesome! =D

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails