Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Hourglass by Myra McEntire

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting!


Coming May 24, 2011!


Hourglass by Myra McEntire

Since the age of fourteen, Emerson Cole has seen strange things – dead things – swooning Southern Belles, soldiers, and other eerie apparitions of the past. She’s tried everything to get rid of the visions: medication, counseling, asylums. Nothing’s worked.

So when Emerson's well-meaning brother calls in yet another consultant from a mysterious organization called the Hourglass, Emerson’s willing to give it one last try.

Michael Weaver is no ordinary consultant. He's barely older than she is; he listens like no one she's ever met before; and he doesn't make her feel the least bit crazy. As Emerson ventures deeper into the world of the Hourglass, she begins to learn the truth about her past, her future--and her very life.

A seductive time-slip novel that merges the very best of the paranormal and science fiction genres, Myra McEntire’s Hourglass is a stunning debut from an author to watch.


This cover was only released a few days ago. Isn't it stunning? I was in love with it before I read Myra McEntire's post about it, but now I'm even more in awe. Myra pointed out that the girl is walking down the WALL! How crazy cool is that? On a more substantial note, I'm a sucker for time-slip novels. Anything involving the concept of time always fascinates me. I love that the focus seems very southern too, with belles and soldiers. It immediately evokes an atmosphere -- very Gone with the Wind. Plus, I'm intrigued by this organization the Hourglass. It's an unusual choice of name and obviously it seems to relate to the concept of "time-slip." So what exactly does the Hourglass do? Can they affect the past? The future? Do they travel through time? Warp it? The fact that this novel blends both paranormal and sci-fi definitely suggests that whatever is going on with the Hourglass, it will be mind-bending. I can't wait!

What upcoming release are you eagerly awaiting this week? Isn't that cover amazing?


Description from Goodreads. Click the hyperlinked title to preorder.

17 comments:

Skye (In The Good Books) said...

I adore the cover! I can't wait to read it.

Lazy Girl said...

Ah! I do like the cover a lot. This looks like an amazing book!! i'm a new follower :)

~Lah @ LazyGirl Reads

BLHmistress said...

At first I wasn't sure about this cover but the more I look at it the more I like it and I love the premise.

Our WOW

Jan von Harz said...

I missed the walking down the wall part too, but love the cover. The summary has me putting this one on my wish list. Thanks, great pick!

Brittany @ Nice Girls Read Books said...

I've seen a lot of hype concerning this one and its cover! I'm definitely interested! Great pick!

Here's what I'm waiting on!

Marrion said...

Is she standing on the wall instead of the floor! Awesome! Lemme check this one out and add to my TBR pile! My WoW :]

Karen said...

It definitely sounds intriguing! I can't wait to learn the answers to your questions - I'll be picking up this one for sure.

Lyddz said...

This was already in my TBR pile, but I had no idea she was on the wall! I am so non-observant. Thanks, I def got caught up in your excitement!

Jess (Gone with the Words) said...

I can't wait to read this book. This cover is amazing. Love it!

Here is my WoW :)

MiaandSofia said...

A superb pick! It looks great. Happy Reading :)
Check out what I'm Waiting On Wednesday

Mia @GrippedintoBooks

Elodie said...

I've seen this book in a lot of posts today !! Looking forward to read it too !! Awesome pick Casey ;)

Aleksandra said...

I want this one, too! It's sounds really good!

Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) said...

Love, love, love the cover on this book! :)

Ing said...

Wow that is a cool cover. I wouldn't ordinary read this type of book but I might just have to read this one.

Here's mine:As the Pages Turn W.O.W

brandiheather said...

OK - first off -- LOVE LOVE LOVE the new layout and everything -- did you design this yourself?

Second -- these all sound SO awesome, adding to TBR as we speak!!

BrandiHeather

Aylee said...

I am soo intrigued with this one, as well! I would also like to know what the hourglass does and what is going on with this trippy cover! Somehow, I completely skipped over this one when choosing picks for the DAC 2011 and I have no idea why now... Must add! Wee!

Little Miss Becky : ) said...

This was my pick this week, too! That cover is just amazing, I'm really looking forward to reading this!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails