Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Iron Queen Court Blog Tour: Summer Court



The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.



As you all know, I am completely in love with The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. So, of course I could not be more thrilled to host Julie and the gang as they tour the blogosphere in celebration of The Iron Queen's release! Like the wise bloggers over at Page Turners Blog and Word for Teens, I am all about the Summer Court and a certain wily trickster you may have heard of in a play by some guy named Shakespeare.


Ahem...moving on...

Today, Julie Kagawa is stopping by to share her design inspiration for the Summer Court and to give away an original Summer Court drawing!



Hello again! Much thanks to The Bookish Type for hosting today’s blog tour stop. Today, I am going to talk a bit about my inspiration for the Summer Court, or Arcadia, the realm of King Oberon.

I’ll admit, I have to give Shakespeare a lot of credit for this one. I loved the play A Midsummer Night’s Dream. The characters, the magic, the haunted faery forest; I wanted to capture all of that when writing The Iron King. Of course, the thing I loved most about the play was the characters, most notably Oberon, Titania, and of course, Robin Goodfellow, better known as Puck. Puck is a character well loved but largely misunderstood. He’s not just a mischievous prankster. He is an infamous faery whose dark side is sometimes overlooked. Puck is cheery yet vengeful, playful yet powerful. He hides his true feelings behind jokes and a carefree attitude, but this is also the faery that gave Meghan’s classmate a pig’s nose and fought the prince of the Unseelie Court to a standstill on more than one occasion. Puck is Puck, but he is still Fey; capricious, immortal and, at times, very dangerous.

In a way, this also describes Puck’s home, the Summer Court. A beautiful, magical place that is not all that it appears on the surface. Venture into Summer, and you might run into a handsome satyr, a beautiful faery queen, or even a grinning, red-haired prankster offering a sip of faery wine. Tread cautiously, lest you find yourself back in the mortal world with strange memories of being a hedgehog, if you return at all.


After a description like that, I know you want to get your hands on this awesome framed, original Summer Court artwork by Julie Kagawa (featuring two of my favorite characters)!


To Enter:

US and Canada Only (Sorry!)
Contest Ends 2/14/11 (Happy Valentine's Day to YOU!)
Winner will be chosen via Random.org


Thanks to Julie Kagawa and Big Honcho Media for arranging this amazing tour and providing the prize! Don't miss Friday's Winter Court stop at The Book Cellar!

For more Iron Queen goodness, check out the Facebook page and Julie Kagawa's website!


13 comments:

Leigh said...

I love this series and especially loved the Iron Queen. Holy cow, I can't wait for the Iron Knight!!! Although I am team Winter, I really like this pic, it is probably my favorite so far:)

Small Review said...

I'm Team Puck too! I love the way Julie describes him here. Meghan can have Ash. I'll take Puck :)

Brooke Danziger said...

nuh uh, get your hands off! puck is my goodfellow! (lol, jk) love the series, so glad there are more to come. thanks for hosting tour!

lovemybunnies said...

It looks great!! Can't wait to read the book!

Moonlight Gleam said...

Can't wait to read this!!! Thank you for the opportunity<3

Winter Fey said...

Aww, Puck looks adorable in that picture!

Ohio is for lovers said...

LOVE this series<3 just can't choose between Ash or Puck!

Heather (Book-Savvy) said...

WOW! I love the chibi-art Julie makes. I'm an Iron Court convert from Winter Court pre-Iron Queen. Does that make any sense at all? Anyhow, I am totally Team Ash, but wasn't sad when Puck had his moment in The Iron Daughter...that was hot enough to melt all of Winter!

danya said...

Team Puck all the way! I don't really get the appeal of Ash, he's so moody and angsty compared to Puck. And he's kind of missing a sense of humor. Puck wins hands down :D

And thanks for the giveaway, Casey! That pic is super cute :)

Lindsi said...

Awesome contest! I'm entering even though I don't know if I am team Puck or Ash, or if I prefer the Winter or Summer court.

I just bought all of the books, so I guess I will know soon enough :)

A Tale of Many Reviews said...

I enjoyed this book! I read all 3 in a week. Stopping by on the Blog Hop!

kellyhashway said...

I love A Midsummer Night's Dream, so this sounds like my kind of book.

Brodie said...

I totally love that artwork! Julie did that herself too? Sheesh. Author extraordinaire AND artistic genius? Woman's got talent.

I've only read The Iron King so far... I know, I know, I need to catch up on the rest of the series! Will do so soon :D

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails