Saturday, February 12, 2011

In My Mailbox: February 7 - 13, 2011

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.


Review:


Angel Burn by L. A. Weatherly

Thanks to NetGalley!

Coming May 24, 2011!

Willow knows she’s different from other girls, and not just because she loves tinkering with cars. Willow has a gift. She can look into the future and know people’s dreams and hopes, their sorrows and regrets, just by touching them. She has no idea where this power comes from. But the assassin, Alex, does. Gorgeous, mysterious Alex knows more about Willow than Willow herself. He knows that her powers link to dark and dangerous forces, and that he’s one of the few humans left who can fight them. When Alex finds himself falling in love with his sworn enemy, he discovers that nothing is as it seems, least of all good and evil. In the first book in an action-packed, romantic trilogy, L..A. Weatherly sends readers on a thrill-ride of a road trip — and depicts the human race at the brink of a future as catastrophic as it is deceptively beautiful.



Bumped by Megan McCafferty

Thanks to Megan McCafferty and Balzer + Bray!

Coming April 26, 2011!

When a virus makes everyone over the age of eighteen infertile, would-be parents are forced to pay teen girls to conceive and give birth to their children, making teens the most prized members of society.

Sixteen-year-old identical twins Melody and Harmony were separated at birth and had never met until the day Harmony shows up on Melody’s doorstep. Until now, the twins have followed completely opposite paths. Melody has scored an enviable conception contract with a couple called the Jaydens. While they are searching for the perfect partner for Melody to bump with, she is fighting her attraction to her best friend Zen, who is way too short for the job.

Harmony has spent her whole life in religious Goodside, preparing to be a wife and mother. She believes her calling is to bring Melody back to Goodside and convince her that “pregging” for profit is a sin. But Harmony has secrets of her own that she is running from.

When Melody is finally matched with the world-famous, genetically flawless Jondoe, both girls’ lives are changed forever. A case of mistaken identity takes them on a journey neither could have ever imagined, one that makes Melody and Harmony realize they have so much more than just DNA in common.



The Emerald Talisman by Brenda Pandos

Thanks to Brenda Pandos!

To be normal, sixteen-year-old Julia Parker would shed her empathic gift in a second. Life has been difficult since her mother's mysterious disappearance ten years earlier - an event she witnessed, but can't remember. Julia's situation becomes more complicated after a near death experience from a blood thirsty stalker. As high school students go missing it is clear there is a connection to her own experience--past and present. Someone has to stop the madness and a chance encounter with a creepy psychic foretells that only Julia is the key to stopping the madness, but it may require the life of the one she loves.



Bought:


Dreaming Anastasia by Joy Preble

What really happened to Anastasia Romanov?

Anastasia Romanov thought she would never feel more alone than when the gunfire started and her family began to fall around her. Surely the bullets would come for her next. But they didn't. Instead, two gnarled old hands reached for her. When she wakes up she discovers that she is in the ancient hut of the witch Baba Yaga, and that some things are worse than being dead.

In modern-day Chicago, Anne doesn't know much about Russian history. She is more concerned about getting into a good college—until the dreams start. She is somewhere else. She is someone else. And she is sharing a small room with a very old woman. The vivid dreams startle her, but not until a handsome stranger offers to explain them does she realize her life is going to change forever. She is the only one who can save Anastasia. But, Anastasia is having her own dreams…


Gift:





Big Honcho Media sent over this awesome Iron Queen sweatshirt as a thank-you for hosting Julie Kagawa on tour -- too awesome! Thanks Chelsy!






I'm really excited to receive Bumped by Megan McCafferty for an upcoming dystopian event! I'm almost done with the book and it is both incredibly bizarre and utterly engrossing. Thanks to Megan for having B+B send it over! I also want to say thanks to Small Review for turning me onto Dreaming Anastasia! I've always been fascinated by the Romanovs. I can't wait to read this take on the legendary family.

What's in your mailbox this week?


Descriptions from Goodreads. Click the hyperlinked titles to purchard or preorder.

15 comments:

Tawni said...

You got a few nice books! I received Dreaming Anastasia a couple weeks ago and I can't wait to read it, it sounds very good!

Jennifer (An Abundance of Books) said...

Wow, DREAMING ANASTASIA sounds really interesting, I might have to look into that one.

Jennifer (An Abundance of Books)

Lindsi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsi said...

I received Angel Burn this week too! The cover looks a little scary, but the synopsis is really interesting.

Bumped and Dreaming Anastasia are on my TBR list :)

Elodie said...

Awesome mailbox Casey ;) !! I want them all! I look forward to know what you thought of them ...
Great sweatshirt .. I haven't read The Iron King yet but I've heard it was pretty good =)!!

Small Review said...

:) You're welcome! I hope you enjoy it. I've sort of started it, but I'm only a few pages in so far.

I've heard really good things about Angel Burn. I'll be looking forward to your review on that one.

That sweatshirt looks so comfortable! Congrats!

Ava said...

Dreaming Anastasia and Bumped look like awesome reads. I can't wait until Bumped releases, I LOVE dystopian!

The Slowest Bookworm said...

You've had a really fab book week. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of Bumped when it's released over here.

I have Angel too and really need to get to it soon.

PS I stole your button for my sidebar :D

Paper Cut Reviewer said...

Hey Casey! Great Mailbox! I can't wait for Bumped to get released so I'm excited to see what you think! Also how awesome you got an Iron Queen sweatshirt!! Woo-Hoo lucky gal;)

Happy Reading!
Steph

BookGeek said...

GREAT mailbox this week. Bumped looks awesome btw, I need to look into this.

Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) said...

Very, very jealous of Bumped! I hope you like it, I can't wait to read it! :)

christitheteenlibrarian said...

SOOO jealous that you got Bumped! Am so looking forward to it. Have a great week!

Aisle B said...

I'm sorry but I just got majorly distracted when I saw Damon on your left side banner. Hello I love you DAMON! I actually bought a book coz the guy looked like him. Pathetic.. absolutely but at least if I read the book I see Damon on the cover! What book is this... It's Always a Scoundrel by Suzanne Enoch...Take a peak and tell me does that not look like DAMON.

Now back to business... nice haul in the mailbox woman.

Enjoy the reads and now back to DAMON!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Oh this is a great week for you! Angel Burn sounds amazing! I think I need to add that to my list just from the sounds of it here. :) And The Emerald Talisman sounds very cool too. Oh, I hope you enjoy all these books. :) Have a great week!

GMR said...

Nice mailbox! Too cool on the hoodie....just got a copy of The Iron King in the mail last night. Yep, I'm behind on this "band wagon" but hey, it counts I'm going to try it still, right?
Happy reading! ^_^

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails