Saturday, February 19, 2011

In My Mailbox: February 14 - 20, 2011

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.


Review:


Possession by Elana Johnson

Thanks to Simon and Schuster!

Coming June 7, 2011!

Vi knows the Rule: Girls don’t walk with boys, and they never even thinkabout kissing them. But no one makes Vi want to break the Rules more than Zenn…and since the Thinkers have chosen him as Vi’s future match, how much trouble can one kiss cause? The Thinkers may have brainwashed the rest of the population, but Vi is determined to think for herself.

But the Thinkers are unusually persuasive, and they’re set on convincing Vi to become one of them….starting by brainwashed Zenn. Vi can’t leave Zenn in the Thinkers’ hands, but she’s wary of joining the rebellion, especially since that means teaming up with Jag. Jag is egotistical, charismatic, and dangerous: everything Zenn’s not. Vi can’t quite trust Jag and can’t quite resist him, but she also can’t give up on Zenn.

This is a game of control or be controlled. And Vi has no choice but to play.



Clarity by Kim Harrington

Thanks to Chelsy at Big Honcho Media!

Coming March 1, 2011!

When you can see things others can't, where do you look for the truth?

This paranormal murder mystery will have teens reading on the edge of their seats.

Clarity "Clare" Fern sees things. Things no one else can see. Things like stolen kisses and long-buried secrets. All she has to do is touch a certain object, and the visions come to her. It's a gift.

And a curse.

When a teenage girl is found murdered, Clare's ex-boyfriend wants her to help solve the case--but Clare is still furious at the cheating jerk. Then Clare's brother--who has supernatural gifts of his own--becomes the prime suspect, and Clare can no longer look away. Teaming up with Gabriel, the smoldering son of the new detective, Clare must venture into the depths of fear, revenge, and lust in order to track the killer. But will her sight fail her just when she needs it most?


I just finished Clarity and it was awesome! I'll be doing a review and giveaway March 7. I'm also really excited to read Possession for an upcoming event! I bought a ton of books online this week too...but I guess I'll wait till they actually arrive to include them =)

What's in your mailbox this week?


Description from Goodreads. Click the hyperlinked titles to preorder.

14 comments:

Karen said...

I have love triangle phobia right now so maybe I'll skip Posession...lol but Clarity looks like a good one.

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

Ermmm....there's like a love PENTAGON in Clarity O_O But it is amazeballs! And the love polygon is not the focus -- it's more murder mystery =)

Lauren M said...

Awesome books! I just downloaded an eGalley of Possession--I can't wait to hear what you think of it! :)
I've heard Clarity is really, really awesome; glad you hear you loved it!

DJ's Life in Fiction said...

I'm really excited to read Clarity and I'm glad you enjoyed it! :-)

Jessica (Firefly Book Loft) said...

So jealous of both of those.
Hope you enjoy Possession, as well :)

Pisinat said...

These two books are on the top of my wishlist ^^ Lucky you!

Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) said...

Very, very jealous of Clarity! I've been hearing great things.

Christina T said...

Clarity sounds fantastic! The premise reminds me of The Body Finder which I really liked. I have to say that Possession reminds me a lot of Matched by Ally Condie. This seems to be the latest trend in YA Dystopian fiction. I will be adding both of these to my TBR list. Can't wait to read your reviews!

Rummanah Aasi said...

I'm really looking forward to reading your review of "Clarity", Casey. It sounds awesome!

Mysteriousrose said...

These books sounds great! I would love to read them.
Good to know that you liked Clarity.

My IMM:
http://mysteriousrose.blogspot.com/2011/02/in-my-mailbox-2.html

The Well Read Wife said...

Both of those sound great! I'm especially looking forward to Clarity!

Jenny said...

Ah I can't wait to read Possession, it looks so good:) I recently finished Clarity as well and loved it, looking forward to your review!

Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books) said...

I cannot wait for both of these books to release. I pre-ordered Clarity and have my fingers crossed that it will ship early :D

Shannon the BookStalker said...

Both of these look so good, can't wait for them to come out!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails