Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Bookish Blogoversary: Lisa Desrochers, author of Personal Demons



Welcome to Day 3 of my Blogoversary Bash!



Lisa Desrochers is the author of Personal Demons:

Frannie Cavanaugh is a good Catholic girl with a bit of a wicked streak. She has spent years keeping everyone at a distance—-even her closest friends—-and it seems as if her senior year is going to be more of the same . . . until Luc Cain enrolls in her class. No one knows where he came from, but Frannie can’t seem to stay away from him.

What she doesn’t know is that Luc is on a mission. He’s been sent from Hell itself to claim Frannie’s soul. It should be easy—-all he has to do is get her to sin, and Luc is as tempting as they come. Frannie doesn’t stand a chance. But he has to work fast, because if the infernals are after her, the celestials can’t be far behind. And sure enough, it’s not long before the angel Gabriel shows up, willing to do anything to keep Luc from getting what he came for. It isn’t long before they find themselves fighting for more than just Frannie’s soul.
But if Luc fails, there will be Hell to pay . . . for all of them.



Lisa's Faves:

I read some really fabulous books over the last year. Some of them were published much earlier and I finally got around to reading them. Here are the ones that really spoke to me and left me thinking about them long after I finished.


If I Stay by Gayle Forman

I often get asked the question: Which book to you wish you wrote? I now have an answer to that question. The writing in If I Stay is amazing. Gayle gets totally out of the way and lets her characters tell their story. The romance is real and the characters jump off the page. I don’t often cry when I read, but this one left me in tears. Oh…and I’m totally pining for Adam, so I can’t wait to get inside his head in the sequel, Where She Went.





I loved everything about this novel right up until the end. I’m still trying to figure out how I feel about that. I want to marry Henry DeTamble. And I love his name.





The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

First off, Wes=yummy. Most of Sarah Dessen’s novels leave me pining for her boys, but I especially liked the dynamic between Macy and Wes.






One word. Wesley. I have never met a man-whore I wanted more.






Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Other than Harry Potter 7, this is the only book I’ve ever bought and read on release day. I know the reviews are all over the place, but I think she wrapped up the trilogy in a realistic, creative and poignant way. Weeks after I finished it, I was still picking it up to reread sections.



I find it a little interesting that I write paranormal, but there’s no paranormal up there. O_O



I just bought If I Stay. I've been eyeballing it forever, and I've heard so many incredible things about it that I can't wait any longer to read it. The Truth About Forever is one of my favorite books EVER and I absolutely loved The DUFF.

Thanks so much for sharing, Lisa!


Just a reminder:

Any book mentioned in a Blogoversary author post is eligible for Giveaway #2!

Leave a thoughtful comment (with your email address) on this post to be entered, and come back tomorrow to see Jana Oliver's favorite reads and enter again!

Must be a follower. Check out the full giveaway details HERE.

35 comments:

Kristen My Bookish Fairy Tale said...

I hate to say that I havent read any of these but have heard amazing things about the Hunger Games series and If I stay by Gayle Forman were amazing.

Nice selection Lisa!

kristen_babygurl@hotmail.com

Lexie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lexie said...

I haven't read most of these books but I have to agree with Lisa's comments about Mockingjay. It was definitely my favorite read of 2010 and a classic trilogy.
lexie.bookbug(AT)gmail(DOT)com

The Slowest Bookworm said...

A great collection of books there. Mockingjay was amazing. I hope you enjoy it. The Duff isn't out here yet but I'm looking forward to it a lot.

Nicole Loves Coacoa said...

The Truth About Forever is one of my favorites too, I love Wes!!!

korra_950(at)hotmail(dot)com

Mary Ellen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren M said...

Yeah, If I Stay is definitely at the top of my favorite books! It's so amazing. <3

Thanks for sharing, Lisa!

YA Vampire Books said...

Great picks! I really have to read If I Stay! I've been eyeing it at the library a few times...next time I'll visit I'll be sure to pick it up! :)

yavampire(at)hotmail.com

JellyBear7 said...

If I Stay, The Time Traveler's Wife, The Truth About Forever, and The Duff are all on my TBR list!! I really want to read these books but I don't don't actually have the physical book.

I heard great things about If I Stay on several blogs. I been dying to read The Time Traveler's Wife for quite a while now. The Truth About Forever has been on my mind and I really want it read and love it!! The Duff, again I heard great things about this one, can't wait to read it.

The only book I read on this list Mockingjay. I loved it but I have to admit, it was a little disappointing. Because for some characters that I really liked got killed off quite qucikly.

So that's it for my comment ;)

monicascat (at) hotmail (dot) com

BLHmistress said...

I haven't read any of these books but I have been wanting to read the Hunger Games series for awhile now. And I heard If I Stay is amazing.

vampiremistress2010(at)gmail(dot)com

Christi said...

Awesome list of books there, many are my all-time faves, too! If I Stay is especially incredible. And I loved the DUFF--I've heard it said that the DUFF is one of those books people either love or hate. It was definitely one of my faves from 2010!

I think it's funny, too, that you don't have any paranormal on your list.

caldellizzi(at)gmail(dot)com

Vivien said...

Those are excellent faves. I haven't read The Duff yet, but the others are great! I really enjoyed the Time Traveler's Wife. So gut wrenching.

Vivien
deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

Meredith said...

Believe it or not, I haven't read any of these! I do want to read the Hunger Games trilogy and have two of the three books.

meredithfl at gmail dot com
GFC follower

Natalie (Mindful Musings) said...

I really need to re-read The Time Traveler's Wife (not that I ever have enough time to re-read)! I read it when I was in high school, but I don't remember how it ends, and that kills me!

Erinberry said...

One of my favorites is The Truth About Forever. I love Wes and Macy's relationship.

erinberry12 at charter dot net

winnie said...

I loved Mockingjay and The Truth About Forever as well! In fact, I am a fan of Sarah Dessen and so I totally agree about the boys in her books! :)

chibipooh(at)gmail(dot)com

Aylee said...

The Time Traveler's Wife has been on my TBR forever! Gah, I wish I had more time to read more books. And hurray that another author has Mockingjay in her top reads! I also got it on release day and read it until I was done. Such an emotional journey but a good one!

ayleejaine(at)gmail(dot)com

CAsanmiguel said...

the synopsis of If I Stay intrigued me. I haven't seen this book in person but I sure wish i have.
i've read the truth about forever and i can honestly say that this is my favorite sarah dessen book (i've read all of them except keeping the moon)
The Duff piqued my interest. man-whore? hmm. that's a newconcept for me.
i've ready the hunger games trilogy and it's a-mazing. I'm not quite satisfied with the ending though.

camilleanne_angel@yahoo.com.ph

Diana said...

I haven't read these books but I really want to do because these sound interesting.

artgiote at gmail dot com

Anne said...

I love The Time Traveler's Wife! Great novel, even if the ending is really... there's not a word for it. Haven't read any of the others, but I think they should probably go on my list.

greenparrot55 [at] hotmail [dot] com

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

THis is another author herself I need to get reading. :) But these are books I've heard of around the blogs and they do sound amazing! :) Hunger Games once again is just out standing. :)

Thank you!

MyWorldinwordsandpages@gmail.com

Jessy said...

I loved The Duff too! Actually, I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. In fact, you summed it up perfectly!

Mika said...

If I Stay also is one of my favourite books ever! It's so wonderfully written, it's just mind blowing. Where She Went is the book of 2011 I want to read most desperately. I also liked Mockingjay a lot.

mika.apostrophe@gmail.com

Mary Ellen said...

I've only read Mockingjay and of the others, only The Truth about forever isn't on my TBR list. Maybe I'll add it. Another of her books is on my list, Just Listen. I've heard good things about that one.

methom@earthlink.net

Syki said...

I LOVED The DUFF! Nice to know that we have something similar :D I want to read Personal Demons 'cause everybody talk about it :)

sykorova.p@gmail.com

Annabelle said...

Personal Demons is high on my TBR list! I just love everything angel-related and have seen so many good reviews of it.

Mockingjay was also one of my favourite books! I couldn't stop raving about it to my friends...and managed to get a few people on board to read it!

af.love78(at)gmail(dot)com

dani_nguyen said...

I loved Mockingjay and the rest of the Hunger Games trilogy. It's one of my favorite series. I also read and enjoyed The Time Traveler's Wife. Everyone keeps talking about The Duff, so I think I'm going to have to put it on my to-read list.

daniellesaunders1984(at)hotmail(dot)com

nfmgirl said...

Mockingjay I loved! I'd love to read If I Stay and The Time Traveler's Wife.

nfmgirl AT gmail DOT com

Evie said...

The Time Traveler's wife is one book that I'm really looking forward to read.
And about Mockingjay I was a little disappointed after reading it. But I think I need to reread it to form an actual opinion.
by.evie at yahoo dot com dot br

Rhiannon said...

I just recently got introduced to Sarah Dessen and really love her, I'll have to pick this one up. And I couldn't agree more, Mockingjay rocked my world this year.
TheDiaryofaBookworm.com
RhiannonRyder (at) Hotmail.com

ferretvamp14 said...

I loved If I Stay and Mockingjay seems to be making a lot of lists. I can't wait to read Where She Went the sequel to If I Stay. Great choices!

ferretvamp14[at]live[dot]com

Jennifer said...

I love Mockingjay too.

I really really want to read If I stay. I've heard lots of good things about this series.

jennifer.kalman at gmail dot com

*Jam* said...

The Time Traveler's Wife is on TBR list and I'm happy to know that everyone's liked it! :)

Brooke said...

I love everything by Sarah Dessen, and The DUFF is sitting on my shelf, waiting for me to read it. Great selection, thanks for sharing!

texas_gal45(at)hotmail(dot)com

*Jam* said...

Forgot my mail!

milagp1(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails