Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Delirium by Lauren Oliver


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Coming February 1, 2011



People really are screaming, and there's a tumbling, rolling, drumming sound, like a thousand feet moving together. There's a third sound too, running under both of those: a wordless bellowing that doesn't sound human.


What's your teaser this week?

14 comments:

Aylee said...

I remember that scene! Pretty horrifying.

BLHmistress said...

OHH this makes me really wanna read this book even more, thanks for the teaser.

Here's mine My Teaser Tuesday

Kylie said...

Ohhh, that is good! Mine is here

http://kyliesreads.blogspot.com/2011/01/teaser-tuesday_18.html

Jennifer said...

This is the second teaser from this book I have come across and it is wonderful. I may need to read this one. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/01/teaser-tuesdays-mohr.html

Stephanie said...

Delirium is fantastic so I hope you enjoy it so far!

My teaser this week is here.

Elodie said...

Thanks fro your teaser Casey !! I can't wait to read Delirium, I've heard great things about it ...
I hope you're enjoying it so far ...

Kathy Martin said...

I really enjoyed this book which surprised me. I am kind of burned out on dystopias. I have two teasers this week. My YA teaser is from Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton and my adult teaser is from Love Me to Death by Allison Brennan. Happy reading!

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

This one will finally be out soon! I've been seeing it for awhile, now, and the premise sounds fascinating; so is this teaser.

Here's my TT:

http://rainysnowday.wordpress.com/2011/01/18/teaser-tuesdays-jan-18/

GMR said...

Whoa. O_O Very curious what all the noises are really emanating from...especially that third one...
(Great teaser! Happy reading!)

Emma Michaels said...

Yeay! Happy Teaser Tuesday!
My teaser this week is for:
Forget-Her-Nots by Amy Brecount White which is on sale right not for only 5.19 on Amazon for new hardback!!!! I figure I should spread the word since it is such a popular YA book and the author is so nice. I have the link up if you want to check it out!

Sincerely,
Emma Michaels
http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

Wendi B. - Wendi's Book Corner ~ Rainy Day Reads in Seattle said...

Sort of eerie! Great teaser :) I've seen one other on this book and it sounds really interesting.

Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

mlisame said...

Lovely teaser! This is the second one I've read tonight from Delirium and I can't wait to read it!!!

Thanks for sharing!

My teaser can be found on PIneapples & Pyjamas

Alyssa said...

Great teaser! Everyone's been talking about this book; I'll have to add it to my TBR list.

Natalie (Mindful Musings) said...

I can't wait to read this book! I really enjoyed Oliver's first novel, and I'm interested to see what she'll do with a different genre. Thanks for sharing the teaser!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails