Saturday, January 15, 2011

In My Mailbox: January 10 - 16, 2010

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.


Bought:



Hexbound (Dark Elite #2) by Chloe Neill

Lily Parker is new to St. Sophia's School for Girls, but she's already learned that magic can be your best friend-or your worst enemy. That's why Lily has to learn how to control her newly discovered paranormal abilities while fighting the good fight with her best friend Scout as they take on Chicago's nastiest nightlife-including the tainted magic users known as Reapers...





Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta

"What do you want from me?" he asks. What I want from every person in my life, I want to tell him. More. Abandoned by her mother on Jellicoe Road when she was eleven, Taylor Markham, now seventeen, is finally being confronted with her past. But as the reluctant leader of her boarding school dorm, there isn't a lot of time for introspection. And while Hannah, the closest adult Taylor has to family, has disappeared, Jonah Griggs is back in town, moody stares and all.In this absorbing story by Melina Marchetta, nothing is as it seems and every clue leads to more questions as Taylor tries to work out the connection between her mother dumping her, Hannah finding her then and her sudden departure now, a mysterious stranger who once whispered something in her ear, a boy in her dreams, five kids who lived on Jellicoe Road eighteen years ago, and the maddening and magnetic Jonah Griggs, who knows her better than she thinks he does. If Taylor can put together the pieces of her past, she might just be able to change her future.



Paper Towns by John Green

"When Margo Roth Spiegelman beckons Quentin Jacobsen in the middle of the night-dressed like a ninja and plotting an ingenious campaign of revenge-he follows her. Margo's always planned extravagantly, and, until now, she's always planned solo. After a lifetime of loving Margo from afar, things are finally looking up for Q . . . until day breaks and she has vanished. Always an enigma, Margo has now become a mystery. But there are clues. And they're for Q.Printz Medalist John Green returns with the trademark brilliant wit and heart-stopping emotional honesty that have inspired a new generation of readers."



Graceling by Kristin Cashore

Katsa has been able to kill a man with her bare hands since she was eight—she’s a Graceling, one of the rare people in her land born with an extreme skill. As niece of the king, she should be able to live a life of privilege, but Graced as she is with killing, she is forced to work as the king’s thug.

When she first meets Prince Po, Graced with combat skills, Katsa has no hint of how her life is about to change. She never expects to become Po’s friend. She never expects to learn a new truth about her own Grace—or about a terrible secret that lies hidden far away . . . a secret that could destroy all seven kingdoms with words alone.

With elegant, evocative prose and a cast of unforgettable characters, debut author Kristin Cashore creates a mesmerizing world, a death-defying adventure, and a heart-racing romance that will consume you, hold you captive, and leave you wanting more.



Soul Stalker (Timeless #2) by Laura Kreitzer

Being the Illuminator is not all happiness and light, especially when everyone thinks you are dead. When Gabriella decides to finally let her angels know that she is alive, Joseph and an unexpected friend help her. The Darkness Illuminator is not as in control of her power as she believes, which makes for a very comedic and endearing relationship that blooms between the three. A fender-bender debacle, a run-in with the cops, and a hiccup at the airport seem to all be worth it until Gabriella finds out her plan has backfired.

The three angels are missing, more mysteries pile up, and a new evil is brewing – so terrifying, in fact, that even the Soul Stalker herself is cowering in fear. Our heroine begins a jarring, romance-filled, heart-breaking journey that will lead her back to Italy, and ultimately to the answers she is desperately searching for. What will she do when they aren’t the answers she expected? What happens when she unveils a truth, so deeply hidden, that it causes an angelic war?


I was so excited when I found the first four books on sale! I really enjoyed Firespell (Dark Elite #1) and I've heard a lot of great things about Cashore, Green and Jellicoe Road. My mom wanted a copy of Soul Stalker (Timeless #2), so I ordered it for her =)

What's in your mailbox this week?


Description from Goodreads. Click the hyperlinked title to purchase.

9 comments:

Beverly said...

Your mailbox is great! I loved Graceling! I too just bought Hexbound. I have heard great things about John Green and Jelicoe Road. I have already gotten both Soul Stalkers for the kindle after seeing your post, just before commenting back! Had stopped to say thanks for coming by The Wormhole - and to tell you I am participating in the Dreaming of Books Giveaway Hop - so stop back!

Katie said...

SO MANY Awesome books!! I loved Graceling, and Jellicoe Road is just absolutely magical. If you struggle to get into it, persevere! It is just a phenomenal book.

I didn't care as much for Paper Towns, but if you like John Green, I thought Looking for Alaska was fantastic! And of course... Will Grayson, Will Grayson. When it comes to fabulous sidekicks, that book has no equal :)

I hope you end up getting to enjoy Audrey, Wait!

A.J. said...

Great books! I LOVE Jellicoe Road! :D

Danielle @ Romance Book Junkies said...

Congrats on all the great books. They look awesome.

Lindsi said...

Jellicoe Road! I've heard amazing things about this book and I cannot wait to read it! I thought Graceling was really good... ahh Po *sighs* LOL Anyways, it looks like you got quite a few books! Jealous! I want to find super awesome books on sale!

Lindsi said...

I just realized that I used a TON of exclamation marks haha I blame the caffeine.

Billy Burgess said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Moral Errors wasn't written by Alfred Hitchcock. There is a magazine called Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine. Moral Errors contains 30 short stories that was published in the magazine.

Christina T said...

I just read a fantastic review of Jellicoe Road. I haven't read it yet but it's on my TBR list. I did like Graceling. Katsa is a great character. I hope you enjoy your reading.

Anna said...

Graceling is AMAZING! I love the main characters so much, it is easily one of my favorite fantasy reads. Firespell was pretty good too, I hope you enjoy Hexbound along with the rest of your books!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails