Thursday, January 6, 2011

Cover Art Revealed: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Coming September 27, 2011!


The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Mara Dyer believes life can’t get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there. It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can’t remember that killed her friends and left her strangely unharmed. There is.

She doesn’t believe that after everything she’s been through, she can fall in love. She’s wrong.
“My name is not Mara Dyer, but my lawyer told me I had to choose something. A pseudonym. A nom de plume, for all of us studying for the SATs. I know that having a fake name is strange but trust me, it's the most normal thing about my life right now. Even telling you this much isn't good for my case.

But without my big mouth, no one would know that a seventeen-year-old who likes Death Cab for Cutie was responsible for the murders. No one would know that somewhere out there is a B student with a body count.

And it's important that you know, so you're not next.”


I've been excited for this book ever since I first heard about it, and have been obsessively haunting Michelle Hodkin's blog waiting for the big cover reveal -- I'm so excited it's finally been revealed! Isn't it amazing? It's so mysterious and ominous, like the cryptic synopsis itself. It raises so many questions. Is the guy trying to drown her? Is this a romantic moment (it doesn't look like she's fighting him)? I also love that they're underwater -- it kind of has this mermaid effect (and not the Little Mermaid kind, more like the Harry Potter kind). This novel sounds so different and quirky and dark. I cannot wait to read it!

What do you think?


Description from Goodreads and Michelle Hodkin's Wesbite. Click the hyperlinked title to preorder.

6 comments:

GMR said...

Wow...that is quite the cover, but the story really caught my attention. First time I've head of it, but it sounds good! Thanks for sharing!

(OH...and by the way....you've also won an award over at my site! http://insatiablereaders.blogspot.com/2011/01/roll-out-red-carpet.html )

Happy reading! ^_^

Karen said...

The synopsis sounds pretty cool, but I'm not a huge fan of the cover - the murkiness and hard to read title put me off a little bit. This is why I love book blogs though - while I may not have picked it up if I were just browsing hte shelves, I definitely will look for it now!

Lisa_sps said...

I'm hooked. The cover is great and the summary is intriguing .
Why isn't September yet?

danya said...

Wow, that is a dark cover. I have to wonder if she's drowning there or something? I guess we'll find out...

Athena Reader said...

I like that cover a lot!! I agree about the Harry Potter, especially because of the dead people coming from the water in the 6th movie. It sounds great, too!

Lindsi said...

That is a gorgeous cover! And kind of sexy too... as long as that is a loving embrace and not a possessive one. I like to think he is saving her from something.

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails