Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Mercy by Rebecca Lim

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting!


Coming May 17, 2011!


Mercy by Rebecca Lim

Mercy ‘wakes’ on a school bus bound for Paradise, a small town where everyone knows everyone else’s business… or thinks they do. But Mercy has a secret life. She is an angel, doomed to return repeatedly to Earth, taking on a new ‘persona’ each time she does, in an effort to resolve a cataclysmic rift between heavenly beings. The first of a brilliant new series sees Mercy meeting Ryan, an eighteen-year-old whose sister was kidnapped two years ago and is presumed dead. When another girl is also kidnapped, Mercy knows she has to act quickly and use extraordinary powers to rescue her, even if it means exposing her true identity.



This sounds like an intriguing mash-up of themes. Angels, reincarnation (of sorts), crime-solving... I'm intrigued. What did Mercy do to be "doomed to return repeatedly to Earth"? Sounds like she messed up big time -- and she's an angel! It also sounds like she's the key to some heavenly war. You may not be able to read the tagline on the cover, but it says, "Exiled from heaven, a lost soul seeks her soulmate..." which sounds even more poetic and dramatic than the synopsis. She's been exiled? She's a lost soul? I have so many questions about this novel -- I can't wait to see them answered! Plus, isn't the cover gorgeous?

*I'm a little confused about this title though -- it's available for preorder in hardback, but it looks like maybe the Kindle version is already out but no Nook version? If anyone knows what's going on with this release, please let me know!

What upcoming release are you eagerly awaiting this week?


Description from Goodreads. Click the hyperlinked title to preorder.

15 comments:

Justine said...

I don't understand the date of publication either...but the synopsis sounds interesting. I like the concept of angels and special abilities. This one I'll have to look out for :)

Pixie said...

It does soun intriguing, I will be adding it to our list. Thanks You can read what we are waiting on here

Pixie

Julie said...

Fresh pick! I haven't heard of this book before. Now it's on my WoW list. Thanks for sharing! I like the idea of the angels and crime-solving angle like you mentioned. Here's my WoW.

Jan von Harz said...

I just finished and review this after getting an ARC copy of the book and really enjoyed it. I think this is going to be a fantastic new series. Not sure about the publication dates though.

A Canadian Girl said...

The cover for Mercy I've seen around looks different but in any event, I've got my eye on it already. Great pick!

Books for Company said...

l like this cover even more than the other one!
I soo want to read this book!
Books For Company

Cynthia said...

Sounds interesting, I'll be adding it to my list. =)

Savannah said...

This is another book added on to my ever growing pile. Nice pick:)

Aimee said...

This sounds really good! I love the cover. My WoW is at Coffee Table Press

Tribute Books Mama said...

How to Knit a Heart Back Home
By Rachael Herron
Publication date: March 1, 2011

Lucy Harrison sells books by day and volunteers with the Cypress Hollow fire department by night. Her life is just the way she likes it—full, even-keeled, and smooth—until bad-boy ex-cop Owen Bancroft comes back to town. Lucy has always been fearless, never scared about diving in to help others. When it comes to risking her heart, however, she realizes she's absolutely terrified.

In a small town like Cypress Hollow, everyone knows your business—and there is nowhere to hide. Then Lucy and Owen are thrown together by the discovery of the lost work of local legend, knitting guru Eliza Carpenter. Now Owen, adrift and struggling to redefine himself as a civilian without a badge, will have to learn how to open himself up to life's new possibilities . . . while Lucy decides just how much of herself she's willing to gamble on love.

Lisa said...

I haven't heard of this one yet. Thanks for putting it on my radar.

Small Review said...

I'm looking forward to this one too. I've heard some good things already. I enjoyed reading your questions. Now I'm wondering about all of those things! I hadn't seen the cover you posted, but I think this one is my favorite so far.

MiaandSofia said...

A fabulous pick! It looks really good. Merry Christamas and Happy Reading :)
Check out what I'm Waiting On Wednesday


Mia @GrippedintoBooks

BLHmistress said...

I have this marked , the cover is beautiful and love the concept. Can't wait to read this myself.

Happy Reading.

My WOW

Skye (In The Good Books) said...

The blurb sounds good and the cover's beautiful. Great pick.

My WoW Post is here.

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails