Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Clarity by Kim Harrington

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting!

Coming March 1, 2011!


Clarity by Kim Harrington

When you can see things others can't, where do you look for the truth?

This paranormal murder mystery will have teens reading on the edge of their seats.

Clarity "Clare" Fern sees things. Things no one else can see. Things like stolen kisses and long-buried secrets. All she has to do is touch a certain object, and the visions come to her. It's a gift.

And a curse.

When a teenage girl is found murdered, Clare's ex-boyfriend wants her to help solve the case--but Clare is still furious at the cheating jerk. Then Clare's brother--who has supernatural gifts of his own--becomes the prime suspect, and Clare can no longer look away. Teaming up with Gabriel, the smoldering son of the new detective, Clare must venture into the depths of fear, revenge, and lust in order to track the killer. But will her sight fail her just when she needs it most?

My thoughts: I don't usually do murder mysteries, but I like the sound of this one because the paranormal aspect adds a little something extra to the typical story. It sounds like this novel has it all. Magic, mystery, romance, some definite darkness, maybe a little teenage angst - I'm intrigued. Also, isn't the fact that she can see "things like stolen kisses and long-buried secrets" just so poetic? I can't resist a line like that.

What upcoming release are you anxiously awaiting this week?


Description from Goodreads. Click the hyperlinked title to preorder.

16 comments:

June G said...

Did you change your background? I love the colors. This book sound sufficiently creepy. I like!

Becky said...

I'm not sure whether I'd like this or not, but you're so right that "stolen kisses and buried secrets" is a great line!

~Becky
bookwormboulevard.blogspot.com

Kai @ Amaterasureads said...

Oh, awesome pick this week! I've added this in my 2011 TBR list! I love how she can see things through touch. And the cover looks really nice too!

Click here if you want to check my WoW picks for the week.

Julie said...

Great choice! I'm waiting on this one, too. I love everything about the book. Here's my WoW. Have a great rest of the week!

Jan von Harz said...

I am hoping to read this one this weekend, and I will be giving an ARC copy of this away during my 21 Day Blogoversary & Birthday Bash, which starts today.

Alison said...

I'm not a murder mystery person either, but this does sound intriguing.

Aimee said...

This sounds interesting. I'm not much for murder mysteries unless I'm in the right mood. But I will be adding this to my wishlist!

My WoW is Last Sacrifice

Steph said...

This one looks really good! Great pick!!!

Check out my WOW!

Small Review said...

I'm looking forward to this one. I do like murder mysteries with paranormal aspects. The line you quoted does sound pretty.

Lindsi said...

I haven't seen this! And I agree, it does sound poetic :) Thanks for the great pick!

Joy said...

I love your blog banner. Great book pick too. Have fun reading.
Joy at Books and Life

I Read Banned Books said...

Sounds amazing!

Jen @ I Read Banned Books

Sugarbeat said...

I've never heard of this book but it sound interesting! I'm going to put it on my wish list! Drop by http://www.sugarbeatsbooks.com to see my list.

Peep said...

Hmm, this one does sound interesting. You don't come across too many YA murder mysteries... well, at least I don't!

danya said...

I like that line as well! And the cover for this one is gorgeous.

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

I did change my background, June! Thanks! I thought the blog could use some brightening up =)

Thank you all so much for stopping by! I'll be checking out all your WoWs!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails