Friday, December 31, 2010

My Out with a Bang Mini-Challenge Responses: Day 2



I thought it would be fun to participate in the challenges. I'm not entering for prizes, I'm just doing it for the fun of it.


Post a verse of a song that reminds you of a YA book.

Well, I used to be REALLY into Twilight. I still like it, but I've moved on. Anyway -- there was a time when all kinds of songs made me think of the series, so I'm going to use it for this question ;-)

Thinking of You by Katy Perry -- Bella in New Moon

You said move on, where do I go?
I guess second best is all I will know

Cause when I'm with him I am thinking of you< Thinking of you, what you would do 

If you were the one who was spending the night
Oh I wish that I was looking into your eyes

You're like an Indian summer in the middle of winter
Like a hard candy with a surprise center
How do I get better once I've had the best
You said there's tons of fish in the water
So the waters I will test



Come up with three photos (you may use image sites or your own) that pertain to the chapter or page you are currently reading in your book. And state why they are significant to this chapter or page!

I'm reading Tyger, Tyger by Kersten Hamilton

Tiny Tiddly, Teagan's favorite baby hedgehog at the zoo where she works. Something has just happened involving him.


There is a particular passage from Hamlet that keeps being quoted, which seems to be significant to the development of the novel.


Teagan's adorable but crazy brother Aiden, who has been dressed up like Max from Where the Wild Things Are, has seen something scary and mysterious.

Are you intrigued? Isn't that hedgehog ADORABLE? I want one now.


Tell me about a book you have read that will forever stick in your mind. It can be a book you read as a child or as an adult (please keep it family friendly as kids that read my blog may want to pick it up). It’s a book that you can “feel”, “see” and actually “smell” the tension and that was very hard to put down. Tell me the Title, the author and what made this your favorite book.

I think the book that is seared in my memory is probably Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K Rowling. I'm going to try not to be spoilery here (are there still people out there who haven't read these?! I find this hard to believe.) The most memorable scene is after Harry has seen Snape's memories toward the end of the novel and walks through the forest with The Stone to do what he must do. The fact that he is that brave at the age of 17 is amazing (I was 17 when I first read this book and I couldn't imagine doing what he did). I bawl my eyes out every time I read that scene. It's just so powerful.



Leave a comment on my blog telling me the character you felt the most connection with in 2010 and why you had such a strong bond with him or her.

Alright, I know I've been talking about The DUFF by Kody Keplinger a lot over the past few days, but I'm starting to realize that it really made an impact on me this year. I really, REALLY connected with Bianca. Her snarky, cynical mental voice sounded SO much like me. And I'm just as likely to throw a Coke in some obnoxious playboy's face. While I can't ever see myself making the same decisions she did, she still reminded me a lot of myself and it was easy to put myself in her shoes. She's strong and smart and occasionally stupid, and has plenty of family drama. Story of my life.


You still have time to enter these great mini-challenges to win awesome prizes! Click the links to head over!


0 comments:

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails