Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Mortal Instruments News Roundup

There's been a lot of buzz in the Mortal Instruments world lately, so I thought I would do a quick roundup.

The City of Bones film adaptation is underway! The first major casting has been announced: Lily Collins will be playing the heroine of the story, Clary.


Lily was in "The Blind Side," and looking at her IMDB page just now I noticed that she'll be playing Juliet in (yet another) adaptation of Shakespeare's famous play. I think she fits well as both Clary and Juliet, don't you? Here's what Cassandra Clare had to say about the casting:

The producers and director have worked with her before and say great things, and I have to admit right now I haven't seen The Blind Side but am obviously going to go out and watch it NOW.

She is completely adorable and looks right for Clary to me.

What do you think?


In other news, the City of Fallen Angels cover has been revealed!


I think this is gorgeous. According to Cassie Clare:

For the "second cycle" of The Mortal Instruments we wanted to do something that would link the cover aesthetically to the earlier covers while having a different quality that announced that this was a new chapter in these characters' lives. We decided that each of the Second Cycle covers is going to have two characters on it — in this case Clary and Simon.

I like how you can only see Clary's eyes, not Simon's -- it really highlights her status as the heroine. What do you think?


Finally, Kristen Wray has launched a City of Bones movie website! She says she has received Cassandra Clare's blessing on the project, so check it out for your fan fix of CoB movie news!



I've only just started City of Bones, but I've read (and loved) Clockwork Angel so I know I'll love Clare's writing and world-building. Are you excited for the film?

2 comments:

Lauren M said...

Thanks for the roundup! Since Lily's part in The Blind Side was so small, I can't really predict how she'll be as Clary, but I'm sure the casting people made the right choice. I am psyched for this movie!
And that cover--gorgeous!

Lisa_sps said...

I think she's great for the part!
I love the cover, it's so hot!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails