Sunday, December 19, 2010

In My Mailbox: December 13 - 19, 2010

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.


Review:

Thanks to NetGalley!


The Lying Game by Sara Shepard

I had a life anyone would kill for.

Then someone did.
The worst part of being dead is that there’s nothing left to live for. No more kisses. No more secrets. No more gossip. It’s enough to kill a girl all over again. But I’m about to get something no one else does—an encore performance, thanks to Emma, the long-lost twin sister I never even got to meet.

Now Emma’s desperate to know what happened to me. And the only way to figure it out is to be me—to slip into my old life and piece it all together. But can she laugh at inside jokes with my best friends? Convince my boyfriend she’s the girl he fell in love with? Pretend to be a happy, carefree daughter when she hugs my parents good night? And can she keep up the charade, even after she realizes my murderer is watching her every move?

From Sara Shepard, the #1 New York Times bestselling author of thePretty Little Liars books, comes a riveting new series about secrets, lies, and killer consequences.

Let the lying game begin.


Bought:

Once again, mostly free as ebooks! I love my Nook.




For broken-hearted Olivia Larsen, nothing can change the fact that her twin sister, Violet, is gone... until a mysterious, beautiful gown arrives on her doorstep. The dress doesn't just look magical; it is magical. It has the power to grant her one wish, and the only thing Olivia wants is her sister back.With Violet again by her side, both girls get a second chance at life. And as the sisters soon discover, they have two more dresses-and two more wishes left. But magic can't solve everything, and Olivia is forced to confront her ghosts to learn how to laugh, love, and live again.In a breathtaking debut from Alexandra Bullen, WISH asks the question: If you could have anything, what would you wish for?



House of Dark Shadows by Robert Liparulo

Dream house...or bad dream?

When the Kings move from L.A. to a secluded small town, fifteen-year-old Xander is beyond disappointed. He and his friends loved to create amateur films . . . but the tiny town of Pinedale is the last place a movie buff and future filmmaker wants to land.

But he, David, and Toria are captivated by the many rooms in the old Victorian fixer-upper they moved into--as well as the heavy woods surrounding the house.

They soon discover there's something odd about the house. Sounds come from the wrong directions. Prints of giant, bare feet appear in the dust. And when David tries to hide in the linen closet, he winds up in locker 119 at his new school.

Then the really weird stuff kicks in: they find a hidden hallway with portals leading off to far-off places--in long-ago times. Xander is starting to wonder if this kind of travel is a teen's dream come true . . . or his worst nightmare.




Monday 9th September

"I left London today and met Bingley at Netherfield Park. I had forgotten what good company he is; always ready to be pleased and always cheerful. After my difficult summer, it is good to be with him again. ..."

The only place Darcy could share his innermost feelings was in the private pages of his diary...

Torn between his sense of duty to his family name and his growing passion for Elizabeth Bennet, all he can do is struggle not to fall in love.

Mr. Darcy's Diary presents the story of the unlikely courtship of Elizabeth Bennet and Fitzwilliam Darcy from Darcy's point of view. This graceful imagining and sequel to Price and Prejudice explains Darcy's moodiness and the difficulties of his reluctant relationship as he struggles to avoid falling in love with Miss Bennet. Though seemingly stiff and stubborn at times, Darcy's words prove him also to be quite devoted and endearing - qualities that eventually win over Miss Bennet's heart. This continuation of a classic romantic novel is charming and elegant, much like Darcy himself.



I don't usually do the Austen spin-off thing, but they were all free for her birthday and I couldn't resist. Especially since I've read the original novels so many times, it's really time I move on to something else. I have actually been eager to read Mr. Darcy's Diary for a while though, so I was really excited it was one of the free ones!

What's in your mailbox this week?


Descriptions from Goodreads. Click the hyperlinked titles to purchase or preorder.

8 comments:

Ginger @ GReads! said...

Oh! the House of Dark Shadows looks creepy, yet good. Love that cover :-)

Amelia Robinson said...

Whoa! I've seen "House of Dark Shadows" in the bookstore and have always been so tempted to buy it! I can't wait to see what you think of it! ^_^

I need to get a copy of the Lying Game too. It looks interesting.

Great books this week!

-Amelia
My Mailbox

Eleni @ La Femme Readers said...

Great stuff this week, gotta love those free e-books!

Shannon the BookStalker said...

Quite a few people got The Lying Game this week, so jealous! Happy reading!

Lindsi said...

I think everyone got The Lying Game this week lol

I haven't heard of House of Dark Shadows but it looks interesting! I'll have to look it up on Goodreads later :)

Also, you need to do a vlog! Peer pressure! haha

Great IMM Casey!

christitheteenlibrarian said...

Great list this week! I really liked the Lying Game, can't wait to hear your thoughts!

My IMM is here, if you're interested: http://christitheteenlibrarian.blogspot.com/2010/12/in-my-mailbox-13.html

Have a great week!

Yvonne said...

I visited you earlier and forgot to post! Love your mailbox and thanks for sharing your free reads. I posted so others on my IMM post. Enjoy!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Great week this week! I'm really curious to hear you thoughts on House of Dark Shadows. It looks really interesting. :)

Hope you have a great week and enjoy all your books. :)

If you would like to stop by I have Monday's Beginnings up...
http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2010/12/mondays-beginnings-69.html

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails