Thursday, December 2, 2010

Cover Comparison: The Iron King (Iron Fey #1) by Julie Kagawa


The Iron King by Julie Kagawa is being released in Germany on March 21, 2011 with a new cover and title! Check it out and tell me what you think!



According to Julie Kagawa's blog, the title reads "Suddenly Fey: Summernight," which I have to say I really like! As to the cover itself, I think it's pretty and very fey-ish - I can totally see a Seelie faery wearing that makeup. However, I feel like it doesn't really convey the darkness in the books. The fey are not light, bright and sparkling - they're mischievous and even deadly. I think this cover is pretty, but I still think I like the original best. The dark, cold colors of the original really reflect the tone of the novel, and the swirls look like the tangles of the wyldwood to me. Plus, the look on Meghan's face pretty much sums up the way she feels about the world into which she's stumbled.

Which do you prefer?

6 comments:

Sniffly Kitty said...

I do think that the German over is prettier even if it doesn't completely match up with the inside of the book.

Sniffly Kitty
Sniffly Kitty's Mostly Books
Btw, I'm starting a new meme called Third Sentence Thursdays

Deborah~ said...

I continue to like the other version better than the German cover. I'm actually reading it now! Love your blog, btw. It's my first view of it today and I'm going to be a new followers.
Please come see mine, too, as I'm a fairly new reviewer and have a new blog for that.

Deb/Your Bookish Dame
http://abookishlibraria.blogspot.com

Small Review said...

The German cover actually kind of creeps me out. I don't like the grass for eye lashes. It seems like she has stuff poking her in the eye.

lisa :) said...

I haven't read it yet, but I like the first cover better. I do like the colors on the second, but I think there's more emotion and edginess in the first.

vampgirlx90 said...

Totally love the german cover. Much more whimsical. I love whimsy.

Books Unbound said...

I LOVE the german cover!
I always wanted to read this series and knowing it´s coming out in my motherlanguage is awesome...
I think the title is really well done. And I can´t wait for it to come out :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails