Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Steel by Carrie Vaughn

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting!

Coming March 15, 2011!



Steel by Carrie Vaughn

When Jill, a competitive high school fencer, goes with her family on vacation to the Bahamas, she is magically transported to an early eighteenth century pirate ship in the middle of the ocean.









My thoughts: Short and sweet description, but this book already sounds awesome! The heroine's a fencer, so she'll know how to handle a sword on board the ship. Time travel? Check. Pirates? Check. One apparently kickbutt heroine? Double check. What more could you ask for? This sounds like quite the high-flying adventure! Plus, I've heard great things about Carrie Vaughn and really need to make time to read the Kitty Norville series. This is a HarperCollins title and they usually put out fantastic reads, so Steel has a lot working in it's favor. Fingers crossed that it makes an appearance on NetGalley!

What upcoming release are you eagerly anticipating this week?


Description from Goodreads. Click the hyperlinked title to preorder.

6 comments:

Caroline, the Bookworm said...

I love short descriptions like that. Sounds great. There are waaay too many upcoming releases that look fantastic out there!

Ree said...

I am definitely anxious for this one! It's on my TBR list for sure. :)

hmz1505 said...

I really enjoyed Voices of Dragons. Can't wait to give this one a try too! Great pick :)

I Read Banned Books said...

I've seen this twice today. Good choice! Hope you come by and see my WOW!

danya said...

This one's already on my wishlist! Love that cover and since she's a fencer it will make sense when she starts the piratey swordfighting :D

lisa :) said...

Love the premise, great description, and awesome cover! Definitely going to keep an eye out for this one!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails