Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting!

Coming June 28, 2011!


The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder

Sometimes there's no turning back.

Amber's life is spinning out of control. All she wants is to turn up the volume on her iPod until all of the demands of her family and friends fade away. So she sneaks off to the beach to spend a day by herself.

Then Amber meets Cade. Their attraction is instant, and Amber can tell that he's also looking for an escape. Together they decide to share a perfect day: no pasts, no fears, no regrets.

The more time that Amber spends with Cade, the more she's drawn to him. And the more she's troubled by his darkness. Because Cade's not just living in the now--he's living each moment like it's his last.


My thoughts: I'm pretty sure I saw this on someone's WoW last week, but I cannot for the life of me remember who. I'm sorry! Thank you for turning me onto it! This book sounds really different and intriguing. For one thing, I'm captivated by the title. The day before what??? The end of the synopsis is really ominous too. Is Cade terminally ill? Is he considering suicide? What's his past? What's his secret? I need to know! I also really love the idea of sharing the perfect day - isn't that so sweetly romantic? This sounds like a fun and sweet story, with a shot of darkness through it. I'm definitely intrigued and can't wait to see what secrets this novel holds.

What upcoming release are you eagerly anticipating this week?



Description from Goodreads. Click the hyperlinked title to preorder.

17 comments:

danya said...

Oh, you probably saw it on mine! I featured it as one of my picks last week anyway :D

June G said...

The cover reminds of "If I fall" by Lauren Oliver. Sounds really good. Lisa Schroeder usually writes in verse. I wonder if that's the case here? Nice choice. I'm interested!

Straylights said...

Great pick! Cade sounds like my kinda guy!
I wish I had a beach to sneak off to *grumbles*




Check out my WoW :D

Gabrielle Carolina said...

I am waiting (impatiently) for this one!

Kai @ Amaterasureads said...

I've featured this book, but not as a WoW, in my Cover Reveal post. I am intrigued by this "Darkness" about Cade, can't wait to read the book, and awesome WoW pick!

You can check out my WoW picks here

elodie2310 said...

Gorgeous cover =)

Jan von Harz said...

This does sound like it will be a good teen romance with intrigue. Great pick!

Miss Page-Turner said...

Ah heard of this before and only good thinks. Romances always a great choice!Thanks for sharing:)
Here is what I am waiting for: WOW

And don't forget to check out my giveaway...here!

Cynthia said...

I am anxiously waiting for this one too! I love Lisa Schroeder's books and the cover of this one is gorgeous! =)

Pixie said...

This one sounds like a great read, definitely on our list.


~Pixie
Our WoW

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

I love the sound of this one, and it has a great cover too. Great pick!

My WoW is up on my blog! :)

I Read Banned Books said...

Great pick. Lisa is such a sweetheart!

Thx!

My WoW!

Scoot said...

This book sounds like a great pick. I am totally curious now about Cade! Thanks for sharing. I am adding it right now to my TBR list. :)

Alayne said...

Nice pick! Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

Lindsi said...

I LOVE her books! They are AMAZING! If you haven't read Chasing Brooklyn, you need to do so ASAP! I finished it in one sitting because I literally could NOT put it down.

Jessica Lawlor said...

This one sounds really great! I follow Lisa on Twitter but I've never checked out a book yet. I must do that! Thanks for the awesome recommendation.

Here's what I'm waiting for today!

Audrey (holes In My brain) said...

ive been seeing this one around, i really really love the cover! i want to read this one too! great pick :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails