Saturday, November 13, 2010

In My Mailbox: November 8 - 14, 2010

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.



For Review


The Iron Queen (Iron Fey #3) by Julie Kagawa

Coming February 1, 2011!

My name is Meaghan Chase.

I thought it was over.That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stay by my side. Drag me into the core of a conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.



Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky

Coming May 23, 2011!

In the year 2060, everything is done digitally. Kids no longer go to schools. They stay home and take classes online. Adults work from home, too. Even dating is no longer done in person. Why walk on a real beach when you can stroll down a digitally remastered one instead? No bad weather, no seagulls, nothing real to ruin a perfectly fine time.

Though she's grown up in this digital world, something about being cut off from everyone doesn't sit right with seventeen-year-old Madeline. Her favorite activity--the only one she does off line--is soccer. She likes the physicality of it and the comradery with the other girls.

Then she meets Justin. He, too, prefers life off line. It's all he talks about. He even takes her out to a real coffee shop and an underground club. Maybe it's his attentiveness, or the physical closeness of actually being with someone, or just that he's very good looking, Madie is definitely drawn to him. But there's also something very aloof about him, like perhaps he's hiding something.

When Madie uncovers the truth, she's faced with the question: What's more important, fighting for what you believe in or love?




Won


The Marbury Lens by Andrew Smith

Signed!

Sixteen-year-old Jack gets drunk and is in the wrong place at the wrong time. He is kidnapped. He escapes, narrowly. The only person he tells is his best friend, Conner. When they arrive in London as planned for summer break, a stranger hands Jack a pair of glasses. Through the lenses, he sees another world called Marbury.

There is war in Marbury. It is a desolate and murderous place where Jack is responsible for the survival of two younger boys. Conner is there, too. But he’s trying to kill them.

Meanwhile, Jack is falling in love with an English girl, and afraid he’s losing his mind.

Conner tells Jack it’s going to be okay.

But it’s not.

Andrew Smith has written his most beautiful and personal novel yet, as he explores the nightmarish outer limits of what trauma can do to our bodies and our minds.


Thanks so much to NetGalley and Jen at I Read Banned Books!


I am so excited for all of these! They all sound so amazing! I'm completely OBSESSED with The Iron Fey, though, so I think that one probably takes the cake this week. I've been stalking NetGalley for a month waiting for that one to show up. So far it's amazing!


What's in your mailbox this week?
Descriptions from Goodreads. Click the hyperlinked titles to preorder or purchase.

8 comments:

DJ's Life in Fiction said...

Awaken sounds really good and I've heard great things about The Marbury Lenses. Enjoy reading The Iron Queen and I can't wait to read your reviews on these titles!

Caroline, the Bookworm said...

Awaken and The Marbury Lens look great. My wish list just might be growing again..

Crystal ♥ said...

Awesome IMM! I still need to read the Iron Fey series.
Happy Reading!


http://readingbetweenthewinesbookclub.blogspot.com

Lisa_sps said...

Great books!
Happy Readings!

Marie said...

Great new reads!

I got The Iron Queen and Awaken as well!

My mailbox is here!

Happy reading!

Tara said...

Great books this week! Awaken sounds really interesting, I'm going to have to request that one! Happy reading :)

Larissa {Larissa's Bookish Life} said...

great books! Im reading Iron Queen right now! Love this series =D

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Aaaaaa! That is an amazing mailbox! I still need to get to Iron King! Hard to believe. I had to have this book and finally got it and haven't been able to get to it. Oooo, I hope you enjoy all these books. :) Have a great week!

If you would like to stop by I finally got Monday's Beginnings up. http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2010/11/mondays-beginnings-64.html

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails