Friday, November 5, 2010

Book Blogger Hop & Follow Friday: November 5 - 11, 2010

Welcome and thanks for hopping by!

The Book Blogger Hop is a great meme hosted by Crazy-for-Books! The idea is to network and find amazing new blogs to read. You can hop over there to see the rules and join in the fun!


This week's question is...

What are your feelings on losing followers? Have you ever stopped following a blog?

Hmm...good question. Of course it's sad to lose followers because you wonder what you did to change their minds, and because follower milestones are such important events to a blogger. I've never had a mass exodus or anything - occasionally the numbers go down by one or two, but they usually pop back up and I sometimes wonder if that's just Blogspot's technical difficulties lol. I've never stopped following a blog, no, but my list is somewhat out of control and I have thought about unfollowing the ones that I don't read (if for no other reason than lack of time - there are just too many). But I really hate to do that...it's a question I've been wrestling with for a while.

What do you guys think?




This week's question is...

Who are your favorite authors?

Impossible question, FTW! Wow. Well, JK Rowling (of course), Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, Julie Kagawa, Sarah Dessen, Scott Westerfeld, Rick Riordan, Stephenie Meyer, Meg Cabot...I'm trying to limit it to authors who I've read more than one book by. I think I'll stop now, because this could go on forever.

I dare you to try to answer this question in less than 5 words. :P



Psst - while you're here, check out my Fall Into Fantasy Paranormalcy & Firelight Giveaway!

10 comments:

bookdout said...

I thought it was an impossible question too (FF)

as to the hop question well I posted a long answer on my blog :)

Darcy said...

Just hopping through! I'm a new follower and would love it if you would follow me back at (openbookemptycup.blogspot.com). I have never stopped following a blog thus far and some of my favorite authors right now are Elizabeth Kostova, Suzanne Collins, J.K. Rowling, Kelly Armstrong, Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.

Have a great weekend:)

Coffee and a Book Chick said...

I hate to lose a follower, but that's okay -- I blog for the fun of it! Here's my Hop: Coffee and a Book Chick -- Blog Hop...

redhead said...

wordpress doesn't have an easy way to track followers, and i have no idea how many people read me in a reader or bookmark or whatever.

i focus more on getting quality content up than figuring out how many people follow me.

Alison said...

Yay. Another person listed Stephenie Meyer. I was beginning to think everyone was a twi-hater.

Howard Sherman said...

I'm always a little bummed when I lose followers but make every effort to
turn every lost follower into a learning experience so I can improve my
performance.

On the flip side, I only stop following people when they give me a reason to
such as being totally off message or being too controversial in an negative,
over-the-top way.

Happy Book Blogger Hop Friday!

Howard Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net

I Read Banned Books said...

Hopping by, old follower. Good answers! Jen @ I Read Banned Books.

GMR said...

Wow...that is a tough question. I know, I'll be sneaky with my answer... *ahem*
My five words: Most YA/Fiction authors I've read. (TADA!) ^_^ Seriously...too hard to name just a few...

As for the following/unfollowing business...it's a hard line to walk. I don't follow a site just to say I follow or just for a contest, it's not fair to the blogger (in my opinion of course...to each their own) ^_^ ... but yeah, but follow list is quite high too. Can't help it, there are so many great blogs to see! (Now if I just had more time to see them... ) Have a great weekend!

La Coccinelle said...

I think I need to go through the list of blogs I'm following and whittle it down a bit. When I'm following blogs I don't even enjoy reading, it clutters up my Google Reader... and then I tend to miss stuff from the blogs I do enjoy!

lisajo85 said...

Happy Blog Hop Friday!

Great site! I'm a new follower!

Have a great weekend!

Lisajo85 @ Once Upon A Chapter

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails