Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting!

Coming May 10, 2011!



What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen

What Happened to Goodbye is about a high school senior who, after her parents’ divorce, has taken up the practice of assuming a new identity in each of the four towns she’s lived in.












My thoughts: The description is short and sweet, but all I really need to know is that it's by Sarah Dessen. Sarah Dessen brought me into the world of YA literature. I had heard whisperings of The Truth About Forever and the title was pretty intriguing to me, so I picked it up a couple of summers ago and was an immediate ADDICT! I read all of her books that summer and then had no choice but to wait for THIS DAY to come, when another Dessen work would be imminent. Well, okay, May 2011 isn't exactly "imminent" but it's way better than "Date TBA," right? Her novels are always full of lovable characters, bittersweet situations, real-life issues, honesty, insight and beautiful prose. What Happened to Goodbye sounds just as sweet and quirky as all its predecessors :-) Plus, characters from her other books sometimes show up in the background of the story - I recommend reading them in the order they were written so that you can pick up on this awesomeness! In short, I love Sarah Dessen and will be pre-ordering this one immediately!

What release are you waiting on this week?

19 comments:

TheBookishSnob said...

I haven't read anything of hers I think but I love the whole idea of her creating new identities. Definitely a book I'll look out for. Great WOW

Here's my WOW this week

June G said...

I've never read a Sarah Dessen book, but I really must try one. Thanks.

Jan von Harz said...

I would read anything Dessen writes, but I really love the idea of developing different a persona for different places, how fun. I am interested in seeing how it all plays out. Great pick.

cynthial11 said...

I've never read anything by Sarah Dessen but heard great things, I'll have to add this one to my list too. =)

Aleksandra said...

I still haven't read any of her books, but she's on my authors-tbr-list ;) Thanks for the advice to read the books in order! I'll have to start with her first book! This one sounds great, too :)

Lily of Darkness said...

That Summer was my first Dessen, but it was Dreamland that hooked me. I loved that book. It was dark and amazing. One of my fave reads of all time. I will pick up this one as well.

Heather said...

Love it.
I moved a lot as a kid and at each new place I tried to invent a new "persona" and live it, just to see what happened. :)

Check my pick out HERE!

BookGeek said...

Dressen will have to be my next pick for my book club then. Thanks for the suggestion! I don't have someone that i am looking forward to this week, probably in part because I am already reading 3 books and need to slow down. And maybe my existential crisis as well. Any good books on that? lol

Alayne said...

Looks like a really cute pick! My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

Straylights said...

I haven't read anything by her yet, but I do have a book sitting on my shelf! lol I'm so lazy :( This book sounds pretty interesting and hopefully by the time it comes out I will have read Lock and Key and will be an ADDICT like you! ;)

Come check out my WoW :D

Lisa_sps said...

I never read anithing fro her but the summary intrigue me !!!
If you want you can check in m WoW ( http://lisafragments.blogspot.com/2010/10/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html )

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

Thanks for stopping by everyone! I definitely recommend Sarah Dessen if you haven't read her yet! I think she appeals to readers both young and old =)

Lindsi said...

I've read a few of her books and loved them all :) I think my favorite one is Just Listen. Nice pick!

(And yes, you need to read Hush, Hush =P)

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

Yes! Just Listen is definitely one of my favorites too! This Lullaby is also fabulous! =)

I will!!!

danya said...

I really like the sound of all these different identites she assumes, and the cover is pretty awesome!

Kristina Barnes♥ said...

I have never, ever read a Sarah Dessen novel. All my friends gasp in outrage when I tell them as much. I should get around to it sometime. xD Thanks for sharing <33

Literature for Lunch said...

I LOVE Sarah Dessen. I flew through all of her books this summer and could not believe I had not read her sooner. I am really looking forward to this book. Great choice! (PS I love looking for all of the characters from previous books, too)

Jude said...

I haven't read anything by Sarah Dessen but will be looking for her books after reading this. Thanks for a great pick.

This is what I'm waiting on this week.

Lisa_sps said...

I'm with you the description sounds really ggod! I never read anything of her but I'm looking forward to do it. Here is my WoW (http://lisafragments.blogspot.com/ )

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails