Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: The Iron Queen (Iron Fey #3) by Julie Kagawa

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting!

UPDATED: Newly released book description added 10/26!

Coming February 1, 2011!


The Iron Queen (Iron Fey #3) by Julie Kagawa

In less than twenty-four hours I'll be seventeen.

Although, technically, I won't actually be turning seventeen. I've been in the Nevernever too long. When you're in Faery, you don't age. So while a year has passed in the real world, agewise I'm probably only a few days older than when I went in.

In real life, I've changed so much I don't even recognize myself.

My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, and army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.

Check out the back cover art/description on Julie Kagawa's blog.

Updated thoughts: This literally gives me chills. HarlequinTeen and Julie Kagawa - you have outdone yourselves! I am DYING DYING DYING for this book! It sounds like it's going to be the finale to end all finales - so dramatic and ominous. I have to know how it eeeends!!!


I know it might be a little weird to feature a book that doesn't have a description yet, but I just cannot WAIT for The Iron Queen! I've read and reviewed both The Iron King and The Iron Daughter recently and LOVED them, and Julie Kagawa has been posting teasers from The Iron Queen on her blog and they just keep getting better and better! The Iron Daughter left us on a serious cliffhanger and I cannot imagine how Meghan is going to get herself out of this mess! The initial appeal of this series for me was the references to "A Midsummer Night's Dream" - my favorite Shakespeare play - but these books really are so much more than that. Julie builds an amazing world populated by eccentric, vibrant characters who you can't help but love or at least be fascinated by! I'm totally Team Puck, but I have to admit that The Iron Daughter really did a lot for the Ash/Meghan relationship for me. I think the best part about this series is that the romance isn't cheesy, and there's more than enough action to keep it from becoming too much. I'm just dying to know how Meghan's epic journey ends! But, as much as I'm dying for this one, I'm still going to be so sad when the story is over :-( Especially if poor Puck gets left out in the cold. Only time will tell...

What upcoming release are you most excited for this week?

Click the hyperlinked title to preorder.

7 comments:

cutie said...

I really really want to read these books, but I couldn't rent them at the library and I kept forgetting to buy them. At this point, I think I'm just going to wait and read them all at once come Feb. And that's a bunch of useless information for you to know! lol
Happy Reading!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

i really want ot read this series!

Aleksandra said...

Still haven't tried the series, but great pick :)

Volataire said...

I've also ready The Iron King and The Iron Daughter. They're both great. I can't wait for the new book!

danya said...

Team Puck!!

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

Thank you all for stopping by! I definitely recommend reading them if you haven't! They're awesome =) And they have pretty covers...hehe

Ava said...

I haven't read the second one, but I really want too! I haven't decided if I'm Team Ash or Team Puck yet (:

The cover of this one is so pretty.

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails