Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Demonglass (Hex Hall #2) by Rachel Hawkins

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting!


Coming March 1, 2011!



**SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ HEX HALL**




Sophie Mercer thought she was a witch.

That was the whole reason she was sent to Hex Hall, a reform school for delinquent Prodigium (aka witches, shapeshifters, and fairies). But that was before she discovered the family secret, and that her hot crush, Archer Cross, is an agent for The Eye, a group bent on wiping Prodigium off the face of the earth.

Turns out, Sophie’s a demon, one of only two in the world—the other being her father. What’s worse, she has powers that threaten the lives of everyone she loves. Which is precisely why Sophie decides she must go to London for the Removal, a dangerous procedure that will destroy her powers.

But once Sophie arrives she makes a shocking discovery. Her new friends? They’re demons too. Meaning someone is raising them in secret with creepy plans to use their powers, and probably not for good. Meanwhile, The Eye is set on hunting Sophie down, and they’re using Archer to do it. But it’s not like she has feelings for him anymore. Does she?



**MORE SPOILERS**

My thoughts: The cover art for this was released just last week. Isn't it stunning? I love it! I read Hex Hall this past summer (I WILL find a good day to post the review soon. Swear.) and really enjoyed it! It was such a fun read and it definitely kept me turning the pages! There were some major twists at the end that I just don't know what to make of, so I cannot wait for the sequel - I hope it answers some of my many questions.  I love that Sophie's a demon. It's the other side of the coin from what we usually see. Really, it all comes down to choices, doesn't it? To quote a wise old wizard: "It is our choices, Harry, that show us who we truly are, far more than our abilities." I don't think Sophie could ever be evil, and I don't want her to lose her powers...but it's definitely a tricky line to walk. I can't wait to see what happens with Archer! I really loved him and I'm wary of what was really going on toward the end of book one. Hurry up and get here, March 2011!

What upcoming release are you anxiously awaiting this week?


Description from Goodreads. Click the hyperlinked title to preorder.

20 comments:

Straylights said...

I still have to read the first book! But I must say that I love the cover!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

i defnitely want to read this!

Here's my WoW pick!!

June G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
June G said...

This book seems to be pretty sought after. I haven't read the first one, but heard it's good and comical. Thanks.

Vee said...

The cover art IS stunning, but like June I haven't read the first one. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, I'll be on the look out for it :)

Here's what I'm waiting on this week.

LMW said...

This seems to be a favorite WOW this week! I haven't read the first one yet!! I need to get on that!!
The Delusional Diaries

Jennifer (An Abundance of Books) said...

I like that the covers in the series are similar, but I think this one looks much cooler.

I can't wait for this one to be released.

Kat said...

*ups the count to 4 for Demon Glass today*

I can't believe how many WOWs I'm seeing for this book. Crossing my fingers my library has Hex Hall :)

Check out my WOW here.

Kat
Wit and Sin

Jan von Harz said...

This one is quite popular today. Definitely waiting for it as well.

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

Demonglass is a popular pick today! I'm looking forward to reading it too!

Here's my Waiting on Wednesday pick for this week!

Crystal ♥ said...

I've been seeing this one everywhere today, I must check out the first book. Thanks for sharing!

http://readingbetweenthewinesbookclub.blogspot.com/

Christie (The Fiction Enthusiast) said...

Popular choice today :) I need to check this series out.

Pixie said...

Popular pick this week. Love the cover.


~Pixie
Our Wow

Book Sake said...

Book 1 is still sitting on my shelves calling my name. Got to get to that one before the second one is out!

Our pick is at BookSake.

Gabrielle Carolina said...

I am just WOWing over the cover of Janet Fox’s new book, Forgiven, check it out on my blog!
http://themodpodgebookshelf.blogspot.com/2010/10/leaving-paradise.html
Blessings,
Gabrielle Carolina

SusanKMann said...

I must have this book. I loved the first one. x

danya said...

I really liked Archer too! And the cover is also awesome, although I still don't get what's up with the cat (there is no cat in the first book, is there?)

Alison said...

I loved Hex Hall and I'm super excited for the next book.

Lizzy said...

I can't wait for this one either! January seems too far away, though.

The Slowest Bookworm said...

This is also one of my 'can't wait to reads'. I loved Hex Hall and the cover on Demonglass is gorgeous! I want it in my hands now! :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails