Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: Nightshade by Andrea Cremer (Fall Into Fantasy)


Happy book birthday to Andrea Cremer and Nightshade!


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



In honor of Nightshade's release TODAY I wanted to feature it for a special Teaser Tuesday. Enjoy!

"I stared at the immense beast, which twitched and quivered as it prepared to attack. Its silence was more terrifying than if it had been screaming at me." ~ Chapter 22, p.292

 *Please note that this page number is from the ARC version and may be different in the finished copy



I highly recommend picking up this fantastic YA fantasy debut! You can check out my review and author interview with Andrea for more info! The awesome Arena at The Nerd's Wife will also be reviewing Nightshade today as part of Fall Into Fantasy!

Feel free to link up your own Nightshade Teaser Tuesdays in the comments!


20 comments:

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

awesome teaser, i loved this book!

Here's my teaser!!

Jennifer said...

A very intense teaser. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesdays-voltaires-calligrapher.html

LMW said...

Great teaser Casey! I'm so excited that this book is out!! I can't wait to read it! My teaser is at:
The Delusional Diaries

TheBookishSnob said...

What a great teaser choice. I'm really looking forward to reading this and I'm buying it for my birthday :) Thanks for sharing!

My teaser is from Shades Of Gray by LM Pruitt

Deepali said...

There is so much buzz about this book!! Good teaser :)

I’m reading a collection of stories this week – collected by Haruki Murakami:
Birthday Stories at E-Volving Books

Marg said...

Nice teaser!

My teaser is here this week.

Nikki-ann said...

Scary teaser! :)

I love the cover for this book. It sounds like it's a good read too.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Okay, I'm frightened now! Thanks for sharing....

Here's mine:

Click on my name....

Alayne said...

Spooky teaser! Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

Lisa_sps said...

Sounds really great! I want to read it so much!!!!!
Here is mine ( http://lisafragments.blogspot.com/ )

Aisle B said...

LUCKY YOU!

So dying to read more reviews on this one. The cover is GORGEOUS!

Coverholics unite!

♥ Tawni Ann said...

Love the teaser! I cannot wait to read this book!

Lisa said...

At first glance, I thought it said "immense breast"! I'm not sure which would be scarier!
I've got 2 teasers this week.

Miss Page-Turner said...

I'm already awaiting this one as I'm participating in an "ARC" tour! Nice teaser! You all make you want to read this one even more... If you like to check out my teaser:http://misspageturnerscityofbooks.blogspot.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesday-3.html

Sunny said...

Awesome Tease! Very intense and descriptive - and it's true, sometimes silence is the most terrifying!
Thanks for stopping by SunnyReads!!

kwesifriends said...

I've read a lot of reviews about that book, but I'm scared to read it, first I stopped reading paranormal or monster related books after reading that Saga. Wish you had a great tuesday!

Meme: Teaser Tuesdays (October 19)

kwesifriends said...

It reminds of 'The Hunger Game Series' but I'm trying to move on with those books and I'm trying to jot down some cool reviews now days. I'll put that book on my wishlist next year. See ya!

Meme: Teaser Tuesdays (October 19)

Ree said...

Oooh nice teaser!!

danya said...

Yay for Austen heroes! Have you read any version of Sanditon? I think you might like the one that was finished by Marie Dobbs (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/166177.Sanditon). The hero in it reminds me a bit of Tilney - he has a teasing sense of humor too! Of course no one can replicate Austen's writing (and there is at least one scene in this version that I don't think Austen would ever have written, as it's rather ridiculous) but overall Marie Dobbs does quite a good job, and the hero & heroine seem very suited for each other.

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the teaser! I had a hard time picking just one =)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails