Saturday, October 2, 2010

In My Mailbox: September 27 - October 3, 2010

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.


For Review


Blood of the White Witch (Of Witches and Warlocks #3) by Lacey Weatherford

Thanks to Lacey Weatherford!

Coming (Very) Soon!

When love came knocking on the door of novice witch, Portia Mullins, in the form of handsome bad boy, Vance Mangum, she had no idea how quickly the attraction between them would escalate. Now she finds her relationship with Vance taken to a whole new level, in a way she had never dreamed possible at this point and time of her life. Yet even as the personal connection between them explodes, the two quickly find themselves in a world of shifting balances. While searching for Vance’s missing mother, they realize they are suddenly unsure of who to trust, learning that sometimes things are not always as they appear. When Vance’s demon characteristics abruptly begin to resurface again without warning, the horrible truth comes out, crashing down upon them and shattering some of their most precious dreams. Once the deadly plan is uncovered, Portia and Vance find themselves hastily rushing against the hands of time in an attempt to stop an ancient ritual from being performed. But will they be successful before fate reaches out to twist them cruelly, possibly separating them and changing magic forever? Passion, loyalties, powers, and family ties, will all be tested when dangerous adventures abound in this third installment in the Of Witches and Warlocks series, Blood of the White Witch.


Won



Trash by Andy Mulligan

Thanks to Random Buzzers

Coming October 12, 2010!


Raphael is a dumpsite boy. He spends his days wading through mountains of steaming trash, sifting it, sorting it, breathing it, sleeping next to it. Then one unlucky-lucky day, Raphael's world turns upside down. A small leather bag falls into his hands. It's a bag of clues. It's a bag of hope. It's a bag that will change everything. Soon Raphael and his friends Gardo and Rat are running for their lives. Wanted by the police, it takes all their quick-thinking, fast-talking to stay ahead. As the net tightens, they uncover a dead man's mission to put right a terrible wrong. And now it's three street-boys against the world...



Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

Thanks to Reading Teen!

Coming October 19, 2010!

Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything--including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?



Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Thanks to Cari's Book Blog!

Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she’s struggling to conceal her power and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps, and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town’s oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.


Other



I also received a mysterious package in the mail from Nightshade's Shay Doran this week! Check out my post about it here!



I'm not going to lie. I totally fangirled out over these signed books! I love it! I loved Nightshade when I read it on an ARC tour, so I'm totally psyched to have my own copy now to re-read and re-read and re-read :-) I haven't read Beautiful Creatures yet, but with everyone so excited over Beautiful Darkness I need to get caught up! I'm also really excited to see where Vance and Portia's story ends up in Blood of the White Witch (awesome name, no?) I reviewed the first two books a while back, and interviewed Lacey (who is a total sweetheart) so I really appreciate her thinking of me for book three!

What's in your mailbox this week? 


Descriptions from Goodreads. Click the hyperlinked titles to preorder.

8 comments:

The Paperback Princess said...

You're so lucky- a signed Beautiful Creatures AND Nightshade! I hope you enjoy them, I really liked BC.

Amelia Robinson said...

*sigh* Burning...burning with envy...

Oh, I can't even look at it! *tear*

Okay...

*slaps self*

All's well.

Great week. :)

Happy reading! <--more of a threat than anything. XD

-Amelia
theauthoress.com

Misha1989 said...

Omg! Great books!! Have a great time reading!
Here's what I got In My Mailbox

TheBookishSnob said...

You are SO going to love Blood Of The White Witch. Best book so far :) Hope you have a fun week reading.

Here's my mailbox

Manda (Manda's Movements) said...

I am so, so jealous of Nightshade!! I can't wait for mine to come in the mail and then I think everything else will be dropped for it. Awesome week!

Sarah said...

Yay for book wins. Looks like some good ones!

Claire @ YA Bookie Monster said...

Awesome IMM! Signed Nightshade and Butiful Creatures OMG! I really hope that you enjoy all of your books!

I'm a new follower!

You can check out my IMM here!

April (BooksandWine) said...

I've seen Trash around quite a bit. I am thinking maybe I should add that to the TBR.

Enjoy your awesome new books!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails