Saturday, October 16, 2010

In My Mailbox: October 11 - 17, 2010


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.


For Review



Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Coming February 1, 2011!

Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -the deliria- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.



Once in a Full Moon by Ellen Schreiber

January 1, 2011!

Beware of a kiss under the full moon. It will change your life forever.

Celeste Parker is used to hearing scary stories about werewolves—Legend’s Run is famous for them. But when, after an unnerving visit with a psychic, she encounters a pack of wolves and gorgeous, enigmatic Brandon, she must discover whether his transformation is more than legend or just a trick of the shadows in the moonlight. Brandon may be Celeste’s hero, or he may be the most dangerous creature she could encounter in the woods of Legend’s Run.

The bestselling Vampire Kisses author, Ellen Schreiber, weaves together psychic predictions, generations-old secrets, a town divided, and the possibility of falling in love with a hot and heroic werewolf—the perfect formula for what happens...once in a full moon.



The Raising by Laura Kasischke

Coming March 1, 2011!

The accident was tragic, yes. Bloody and horrific and claiming the life of a beautiful young sorority girl. NICOLE was a straight A student from a small town. Sweet-tempered, all-American, a fomer Girl Scout, and a virgin. But it was an accident. And that was last year. It’s fall again, a new semester, a fresh start.

CRAIG, who has not been charged with murder, is focusing on his classes, and also on avoiding Nicole’s sorority sisters, who seem to blame him for her death even though the police did not.

PERRY, Craig’s roommate, is working through his own grief (he grew up with Nicole, after all, and had known her since kindergarten) by auditing Professor Polson’s sociology class: Death, Dying, and the Undead.

MIRA has been so busy with her babies—two of them, twins, the most perfect boys you could imagine, but still a nearly impossible amount of work even with Clark’s help—that she can barely keep herself together to teach (Death, Dying and the Undead), let alone write the book she'll need to publish for tenure.

And SHELLY, who was the first person at the scene of the accident, has given up calling the newspapers to tell them that, despite the "lake of blood" in which they keep reporting the victim was found, the girl Shelly saw that night was not bloody, and not dead.

Description from NetGalley



Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton

Coming February 15, 2011!

This debut, the first novel in a trilogy, is achingly romantic, terrifying, and filled with blistering action.

When seventeen-year-old Ellie starts seeing reapers - monstrous creatures who devour humans and send their souls to Hell - she finds herself on the front lines of a supernatural war between archangels and the Fallen and faced with the possible destruction of her soul.

A mysterious boy named Will reveals she is the reincarnation of an ancient warrior, the only one capable of wielding swords of angelfire to fight the reapers, and he is an immortal sworn to protect her in battle. Now that Ellie's powers have been awakened, a powerful reaper called Bastian has come forward to challenge her. He has employed a fierce assassin to eliminate her - an assassin who has already killed her once.

While balancing her dwindling social life and reaper-hunting duties, she and Will discover Bastian is searching for a dormant creature believed to be a true soul reaper. Bastian plans to use this weapon to ignite the End of Days and to destroy Ellie's soul, ending her rebirth cycle forever. Now, she must face an army of Bastian's most frightening reapers, prevent the soul reaper from consuming her soul, and uncover the secrets of her past lives - including truths that may be too frightening to remember.



Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

Coming January 4, 2011!

Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what it is, though, isn't easy.

Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place--and out of place, at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.

As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make--between honesty and deciet, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?


Thank you to the awesome people at HarperCollins and NetGalley for these exciting reads!


I really think their partnership is one of the greatest things ever. I've been dying to read all of these! I have heard people RAVING about Delirium! I love the idea of love as a sickness...'cause let's face it, sometimes it seems like one lol. I WoWed Unearthly a while back, so I'm beyond thrilled to get to review it! Angelfire, Once in a Full Moon, and The Raising all sound like pretty chilling reads - perfect for Halloween! Now I just have to decide where to start :-)

What's in your mailbox this week?



Descriptions from Goodreads, except where noted. Click the hyperlinked titles to preorder or purchase.

22 comments:

Bookventures said...

These sound great. I hope you enjoy all of them. Have a great weekend!

Cindy said...

Wow! You got some amazing books this week! Congrats! I cannot wait to read the reviews. Happy reading!

Ava said...

I got Delirium via NetGalley also, I'm excited to read it!
Those are a lot of great books! Have fun reading them. :)

Tara said...

Phenomenal books this week! I want to read every single one of these - and you are so right, NetGalley is awesome!

Swimmer said...

I'm reading Before I Fall right now... I want Unearthly!

Christie (The Fiction Enthusiast) said...

Nice! Hadn’t heart of The Raising before. Looks like a must read. Enjoy!

A Musing Mother said...

Right now I wish I were you. I want that partnership you have.

You're my hero.

Nikki Brandyberry said...

They all sound great! Im very jealous, lol! Have a great week! My IMM is here: http://nikkibrandyberry.wordpress.com/

Claire @ YA Bookie Monster said...

Awesome IMM! Gotta say, NetGalley is super awesome lol! Hope that you enjoy reading these great books!

You can check out my IMM here!

Good Golly Miss Holly said...

It seems like everyone has received Delirium this week, I can't wait til I get my copy :)

Actin' Up with Books said...

The Raising has me intrigued, I will be adding it to my wish list for sure.

Lori said...

I have dubbed myself the (un)official spokesperson for Delirium....because it's that amazing! No, it's beyond amazing! I can't wait to hear what you think!!

geekyreads said...

Once In A Full Moon looks really good.

Lisa_sps said...

I'm so jealous!!!!! I really wanted Angelfire and Uneartly!!!!!
If you want you can check my IMM ( http://lisafragments.blogspot.com/ )

Justine said...

:O Delirium! Lucky! Ooh, The Raising sounds good. Enjoy your books this week! :)

Kelly said...

Fantastic books this week! I just added The Raising to my TBR list. It sounds amazing. Happy reading!

Gabrielle Carolina said...

I hadn’t heard of The Raising until now! Wow! I want to read that one!
Happy reading!
If you want to know what I got in my mailbox this week, check out my blog here-
http://themodpodgebookshelf.blogspot.com/2010/10/imm-7.html
Blessings,
Gabrielle

Tara said...

Awesome books! The Raising looks great! I can't wait to read all the HarperTeen titles! Have a great week of reading :)

Here's what I got in my mailbox this week :)

Megan Hoover-Swicegood said...

I'd like to check out Unearthly and Angelfire. Both look great. Enjoy! Megan @ Read It, See It

Jessica Lawlor said...

I've seen the Lauren Oliver around a lot this week! I hope you enjoy your books.

Rachel said...

I love all of the books on your list this week, most of them are already on my list of books to read but I have added a few of the others :)


Come and visit me tomorrow for a new meme, On My Radar :)

Heather said...

I do love their partnership, I just need to get a kindle to make the most of it!

Check out my In My Mailbox!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails