Friday, October 29, 2010

Cover Comparison: Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers (Fall Into Fantasy)


Personal Demons is being released in Germany by Rowoholt, and they've given it a cover and title makeover! Check it out and tell me what you think!


The lovely Lisa Desrochers has also translated the tagline over on her blog and it says "Between Heaven and Hell."

I think this cover is gorgeous, and the title totally fits (Angel Eyes). I love the muted, cool blue tones and the way the eye color pops. However, I think it also kind of gives them impression that the book is mainly about Gabe and the angels, when it's really more Luc and Frannie this time around. Book 3 in the series is supposed to include Gabe's point-of-view though, so I'd like to see the US pick up on this awesome cover for the release of book 3!

What do you think?



4 comments:

DJ's Life in Fiction said...

I agree that while it's a beautiful cover, it doesn't really match with the story. Would love to have seen what they would have done had the translation been titled "Demon Eyes".

Nina said...

I like that it fits with the new title, but I do not love the cover. I feel like it's missing something, a spark! I have not read this book, but I really want to. ;)

The Slowest Bookworm said...

I agree too. That is a very pretty cover. I haven't read this book yet but I'd be more inclined to read a book titled 'Angel Eyes' than 'Personal Demons'.

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

Oo DJ - I love that idea! "Demon Eyes" is perfect!

I definitely recommend picking it up Nina! There's lots of spark within the pages ;-)

Slowest Bookworm - Sounds like you'd be a member of Team Gabe =)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails