Friday, October 15, 2010

Book Blogger Hop: October 15 - 21, 2010

Welcome and thanks for hopping by!

The Book Blogger Hop is a great meme hosted by Crazy-for-Books! The idea is to network and find amazing new blogs to read. You can hop over there to see the rules and join in the fun!


This week's question is...

When you read a book that you just can't get into, do you stick it out and keep reading or move to your next title?

I am usually wayyyy too obsessive to stop in the middle of a book, even if I'm really hating it. I have to know how the story ends! Plus, I think some small part of me hopes that it will redeem itself in the end. A lot of times books start off slowly and end up being awesome. Sometimes they start great and get worse as they go along. It's just so hard to tell! However, there have been a few school books over the years that I gladly would have put down if I could have. (I'm looking at you, Red Badge of Courage.)

What about you?


Thanks so much for hopping by! While you're here, please check out all the Fall into Fantasy events that have been going on this week!


8 comments:

Natalie (Mindful Musings) said...

Hi Casey!

I used to be the same as you...I could NEVER put down a book before I finished it, no matter how much I didn't like it. And I totally cracked up when you referenced Red Badge of Courage. I had to read that one my freshman year of college, and I HATED it!

Lindsi said...

I know, right? We are too similar :) I've never read, Red Badge of Courage, but I will make sure I stay away from it! I'm trying to think of a book I absolutely hated, but nothing comes to mind. There are ones I didn't enjoy, but that isn't the same. I try to look for the good in everything =)

♥s.shapeshift_ said...

I feel the same. I get this feeling like it's an itch I can't scratch and I know it's the book so I stick it out and hope for the best.

I don't particularly hate any book that I can think of. But some books just irritated me with the ending not being... complete? I feel like the book is building up to this big thing and in the end i'm left with nothing. No happy ending or an answer to all my questions. It's just blah. I hate that.

redhead said...

there are some books that I'm happy I slogged through because the ending was so awesome (Neal Stephenson's Cryptonomicon!). it kind of depends on why I'm reading the book. If it's just a random book from the library, then i put it down, no worries. if it's something i've really been looking forward to, or a friend lent it to me (Read, Eat, PRay), or i'm committed to reviewing it, i'll slog through it.

notesfromnadir said...

I try to read a book all the way to the end. But sometimes I run out of time, or the story runs out of steam, or the implausibility factor is just too high, and I stop. But I do read the end of it just to see what happens.

Miranda said...

I'm thinking I would have put down Red Badge of Courage after the first page if I could have! Or, Tale of Two Cities!! But, I couldn't put those down! I'm just hopping back over to your blog! :) I'm already a follower! :):)
-Miranda
www.just-read-books.blogspot.com

Ava said...

Yep, I totally agree. I've read at least a few books that have redeemed themselves at least a little because I stuck it out to the end.

Heather said...

I usually turn to online reviews if I reach the point where I'm hoping the ending will redeem the book. They can usually tell you if it does XD

Check out my Blog Hop and Follow Friday HERE!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails