Friday, October 1, 2010

Book Blogger Hop: October 1 - 7, 2010

Welcome and thanks for hopping by!

The Book Blogger Hop is a great meme hosted by Crazy-for-Books! The idea is to network and find amazing new blogs to read. You can hop over there to see the rules and join in the fun!


This week's question is...

How do you spread the word about your blog? (e.g. Social Networking sites, Book Blog Directories, comments on other blogs...)

First of all, I love this question! I've been thinking that I need to find some new ways to spread the word, so I can't wait to see everyone's responses! I spread the word via email newsletter, Goodreads, Facebook, Twitter, Book Blogs Ning, and by commenting on other blogs and doing memes like this one =) I find the two best ways are 1) Twitter - it's a great networking tool and one tweet can get your updates out to thousands. I have some great Twitter friends who help out by retweeting for me, and I return the favor. I also have my Twitter linked to my Facebook, so it's super easy to promo on both sites! 2) Commenting. People love comments (including me!), and I know I try to visit the sites of everyone who comments on my site. I appreciate it when people take the time to share their thoughts, so it's the least I can do to return the favor. That seems to be the general book blogger mantra as well - if you leave a comment on someone's site (a meaningful comment!) they usually stop by. It's a great way to find new blogger friends with similar interests =) It really sucks when people spam though. If you leave 2 words and a link to your site...I'm probably not going to come by because that's just shameless spam and self-promotion. I try not to leave comments like that on other people's sites 'cause it's just rude.

How do you spread the word?


Hop over to Crazy-for-Books to join the fun and see all the participating blogs!

Psst...while you're here enter my SPEAK Loudly Giveaway! It ends tomorrow! I also just posted a Banned Book Weeks special feature on To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee!

Happy Hopping!


11 comments:

Jessi E. said...

Old follower just dropping by to say hello. I hope your weekend is fantastic!

Scoot said...

I agree about leaving real comments! It is great to get comments on your site and I know others also like getting comments on their sites too. I might have to try out facebook if you can link it to twitter. I use twitter all of the time!

danya said...

Totally agree about meaningful comments - I like to know that they actually read the post and were interested or have something thoughtful to say about it! I'm much more likely to visit their blog then and comment back.

Also I had no idea how much book-related action there was happening on Twitter before I joined - but it's considerable!

Coffee and a Book Chick said...

I'm all about leaving a good comment! I call it drive-by commenting if it's anything different! But, I like to read through the entire post and comment when something has jumped out at me.

I've been afraid of Twitter for quite some time, so I'm going to just have to throw caution to the wind and just try it!

I've heard a lot today about Ning as well -- it's a book blog directory that everyone's been talking about today so I just registered my site there! Who knows!!

And...love your site, and am already a follower!

Here's my Hop: Coffee and a Book Chick -- Blog Hop...

Ree said...

Stopping by for the Hop. I'm an "old" follower, if several weeks of RSS following counts as old. :)

You're right about comments attracting movement on blogs. I love following through to the blogs of folks who have visited me and commented on a post. I love getting to know the people who are following me.

Larissa {Larissa's Bookish Life} said...

Hey Casey!

Happy friday!! Have a great weekend! xoxo

Mariam Maarouf said...

Finally! Someone who actually HATES comments that start with: 'Awesome blog' and ends with a link. With NOTHING in between. -.-

Old follower, came across your blog while checking my author dashboard on goodreads or something, I guess, but I'm glad I found your blog; it's really awesome.

Badass Bookie said...

Hi there, *waves*

Just hopping through via hop! Lovely blog you have here! This week I trying really hard to reach 400 followers so for every follower I get they will get one too! Hop on over!

Til next time,
Lisa (Badass Bookie) xx
http://badassbookie.blogspot.com/

Jo said...

Stopping by from the Hop! I also agree with what you wrote about comments (but I suppose I'm just happy to get any comments). :) Have a great weekend!

Kristina Barnes♥ said...

Just hoppin' on by! <3

I'm a new book blogger, so I have no idea what I'm doing. I try to tweet, but I feel like my attempts are so transparent that people KNOW I'm trying to network.

So mostly I just visit other blogs and comment on their reviews or content, and I end up making friends that way. :D You're right -- I love getting comments, so I figure others do as well. <3

My hop :3
Kristina

Elizabeth said...

Hopping by on the hop...hope you are having fun.

Stop by if you like:

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails