Friday, October 29, 2010

Book Blogger Hop & Follow Friday: October 29 - November 4, 2010

Welcome and thanks for hopping by!

The Book Blogger Hop is a great meme hosted by Crazy-for-Books! The idea is to network and find amazing new blogs to read. You can hop over there to see the rules and join in the fun!


This week's question is...

What is one bookish thing you would love to have, no matter the cost?

Well duhhhh - my own personal library in my house! That is my goal in life. My room is pretty library-ish now, but still not at my dream level.






This week's question is...

If you have, or would have, a daughter, what book would you want your daughter to read?

Well, this is extremely unlikely. But, if I did have a kid, there are a lot of books I would want her to read! I was a huge Nancy Drew/Babysitter's Club fan as a child, so I would want to pass that tradition along. Then of course there's Harry Potter - must read for every child born from this generation on. And then there are my beloved classics: Jane Austen and Charlotte Bronte. Every woman needs to read Pride and Prejudice and Jane Eyre at least once in her life :-)


What about you?

12 comments:

Coffee and a Book Chick said...

Yes, yes, YES!! The library!!

Here's my Hop: Coffee and a Book Chick -- Blog Hop...

Misha1989 said...

Wow! Its incredible how all of our answers mirror each other. I would love my own library too.
I love your book choices too. Harry Potter was the best part of my childhood.
I am an old follower.
I want to participate in the Cover Remake contest but I am kind of intimidated..hehe
My Hop

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

Just stopping by through Follow Friday. Love all your picks.

I am a new follower. I hope you stop by my new blog at http://irresistiblereads.blogspot.com/

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

Misha - Don't be intimidated! Everyone comes up with something so original! I love them all! =) Nothing to lose ;-)

AngelicNytmare said...

I totally forgot about the nancy drew books. those are cool..

stopping by from the hop

I Read Banned Books said...

Hopping by! Who doesn't love Nancy Drew!?

Hope you come by and see my answer!

Hilary St. Laurent said...

Just hopping by on follow friday. ;) I absolutely LOVE the babysitter club series! :D And of course, Harry Potter is a staple in any child's life. :P

Danielle @ Romance Book Junkies said...

Hi,
I'm doing my rounds for the Blog Hop and Follow Friday so I'm stopping to say say hello. :) I hope you have a fantastic weekend.

I'm an new follower.

http://romancebookjunkies.blogspot.com

danya said...

Yay for personal libraries! My bedroom is kind of a library too but there just isn't enough space in there for a proper library (one of my bookshelves is in my closet LOL).

Also yes to Harry Potter and Jane Eyre and P&P!!

Carmel said...

Hey! Just hopping by! I'm your newest follower. Have a great weekend!

Carmel @ Rabid Reads

Madigan McGillicuddy said...

I'm curious! You say your personal library is pretty good, but not great enough to be over the top. What exactly would you do to improve it?

For me, I know I'm in the vast minority here, but I am trying to channel my zen side and thin down the ridiculous amount of books that I've got. Too many years of attending ALA conferences and/or Book Expo with oodles of free ARCS had turned my apartment into a book dumping ground! I'm trying to hang on to only those very, very special copies of books (suitable for re-reads, great sentimental value, or appropriate to re-gift to friends) now.

vampgirlx90 said...

not so new follower of your blog. thought i would drop some love and say "HEY! this is a great blog you have here."

my personal book blog is just a baby-i'm talking real new, can't even hold it's own head up without support-type new. would love to get some feedback on my blog.

pruesbookblog.blogspot.com

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails