Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Timeless by Alexandra Monir

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting!

Coming January 11, 2011!


Timeless by Alexandra Monir

When tragedy strikes Michele Windsor’s world, she is forced to uproot her life and move across the country to New York City, to live with the wealthy, aristocratic grandparents she’s never met. In their old Fifth Avenue mansion filled with a century’s worth of family secrets, Michele discovers a diary that hurtles her back in time to the year 1910. There, in the midst of the glamorous Gilded Age, Michele meets the young man with striking blue eyes who has haunted her dreams all her life – a man she always wished was real, but never imagined could actually exist. And she finds herself falling for him, into an otherworldly, time-crossed romance.

Michele is soon leading a double life, struggling to balance her contemporary high school world with her escapes into the past. But when she stumbles upon a terrible discovery, she is propelled on a race through history to save the boy she loves – a quest that will determine the fate of both of their lives.


Description from Goodreads. Click the hyperlinked title to preorder.

My thoughts: I find anything involving time travel fascinating - there's something about the spirals into which the very concept sends your mind... And time-crossed lovers? Almost as romantic as star-crossed lovers, isn't it? The fact that she dreams of him before she ever meets him sounds promising too - like maybe she's reincarnated, another concept that intrigues me. I must admit that the only foray I've ever made into time travel romance ended badly (The Time Traveler's Wife - don't stone me), but that's not going to stop me from getting excited for Timeless! This novel sounds like it has it all - mystery, romance, sci-fi and apparently mortal peril. I can't wait!

What read are you eagerly anticipating this week?


6 comments:

cynthial11 said...

This sounds like a good one! Great pick!

GMR said...

Never heard of it, BUT....it sounds GOOD! Thanks for the heads up! ^_^

danya said...

I like time travel if it's done well (which can be difficult, because it's pretty complicated...) And actually, I never got through The Time-Traveler's Wife. I tried briefly, but it kept hopping around at various stages in both main characters' lives and really confusing me, and I had the toughest time figuring out when she knew him and when she didn't, so I just gave up. From your review I'm glad I didn't bother trying to make myself finish it!

Maria (Serpentine Library) said...

This is a new to me title, but sounds very intersting. I like time travel as well, and loved The Time Traveler's Wife, so I am definitely adding this to my TBR pile.

Kate said...

This sounds like a good one! (adds to TBR list....)

Alissa said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :]

I'm definitely looking forward to reading Timeless.

Also, I did enjoy A Midsummer Night's Dream, but even though I liked it, it didn't make me like The Iron King as much.

Have a great rest of the week!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails