Saturday, September 11, 2010

In My Mailbox: September 6 - 12, 2010

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.


For Review:


Soul Stalker (Timeless Series #2) by Laura Kreitzer

***Description may contain spoilers if you haven't read the first book, Shadow of the Sun.

Coming September 30, 2010!

Being the Illuminator is not all happiness and light, especially when everyone thinks you are dead. When Gabriella decides to finally let her angels know that she is alive, Joseph and an unexpected friend help her. The Darkness Illuminator is not as in control of her power as she believes, which makes for a very comedic and endearing relationship that blooms between the three. A fender-bender debacle, a run-in with the cops, and a hiccup at the airport seem to all be worth it until Gabriella finds out her plan has backfired.

The three angels are missing, more mysteries pile up, and a new evil is brewing – so terrifying, in fact, that even the Soul Stalker herself is cowering in fear. Our heroine begins a jarring, romance-filled, heart-breaking journey that will lead her back to Italy, and ultimately to the answers she is desperately searching for. What will she do when they aren’t the answers she expected? What happens when she unveils a truth, so deeply hidden, that it causes an angelic war?

 

The Abused Werewolf Rescue Group by Catherine Jinks

Coming April 4, 2011!

I still hadn't fully absorbed the terrible possibility that I might actually be a werewolf. A werewolf. I kept stumbling over that word; it made no sense to me. How could I be a werewolf? Werewolves didn't exist.

When Tobias Richard Vandevelde wakes up in hospital with no memory of the night before, his horrified mother tells him that he was found by the police. At Featherdale Park. In a dingo pen.

As if that isn't weird enough, suddenly a very menacing looking guy and a priest show up at his door.

As the mystery unfolds, Toby finds himself keeping company with some very strange and sickly looking people - members of a suburban vampire support group. And when he's abducted in broad daylight, he will need all their help to break free ... and to come to terms with his own incredibly rare condition.



Won:


Promise by Kristie Cook

Thanks to Lisa at A Life Bound by Books!

Alexis Ames has a life full of promise…but not all promises can be kept.

When Alexis Ames is attacked by creatures that can’t be real, she decides it’s time she learns who she really is, with or without the help of her mother, who guards their family’s secrets closely. After meeting the inhumanly attractive, multi-talented Tristan Knight, however, Alexis retreats behind her façade of normalcy…until she discovers he’s not exactly normal either. Then their secrets begin to unravel.

Their union brings hope and promise to her family’s secret society, the Angels’ army, and to the future of mankind. But it also incites a dangerous pursuit by the enemy – Satan’s minions and Tristan’s creators. After all, Alexis and Tristan are a match made in Heaven and in Hell.



Bought:

The Portable Edgar Allan Poe
On Murder by Thomas de Quincey
The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickens
Ficciones by Jorge Luis Borges



I'm so excited to read Soul Stalker! Laura is a great new novelist who started out self-publishing her first novel, Shadow of the Sun, and then signed with Obsidian Mountain Publishing for the follow-up, Soul Stalker. I'm so glad that her wonderful, original story will be reaching a wider audience! On a side note, isn't that cover stunning?? I'm also really intrigued for The Abused Werewolf Rescue Group. The title makes me go "aww" and it sounds like a fun read.

What's in your mailbox this week?



Descriptions from Goodreads. Click the hyperlinked titles to preorder or purchase.

6 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Hiya, just stumbled upon your blog :)
And oh, that first book looks great, I kind of want to read it too now

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I would definitely recommend reading the Timeless Series. I've read the first book, Shadow of the Sun, and it was great!

Lea (YA Book Queen) said...

I love that cover for Soul Stalker! I'll definitely have to check out the first book :)

Hope you enjoy them all!

Hayley said...

I agree with Lea...that cover for Soul Stalker is beautiful! I haven't read the first one, yet, but I may have to, now.

TheBookishSnob said...

As I read each of the books my ooooh's got bigger and louder. What a fantastic week you've had for books. I'll be back for their reviews :)

Come by to see my mailbox

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

Thank you all for stopping by! Laura's covers really are astounding - that's the comment I get most frequently whenever I feature her books. The covers truly match the story, so I recommend picking them up! =)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails