Saturday, September 18, 2010

In My Mailbox: September 13 - 19, 2010

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.

For Review:


Whisper by Phoebe Kitanidis

Many thanks to HarperCollins!

I’d love a cup of coffee. I wish she knew how pretty she was. I wish I could drop this kid in the dryer sometimes. I just want her to be happy. I hope she didn’t find out what Ben said about her. I wish I knew how many calories were in a bite of muffin…

Joy is used to hearing Whispers. She’s used to walking down the street and instantly knowing people’s deepest, darkest desires. She uses this talent for good, to make people happy and give them what they want. But for her older sister, Jessica, the family gift is a curse, and she uses it to make people’s lives—especially Joy’s—miserable. Still, when Joy Hears a frightening whisper from Jessica's own mind, she knows she has to save her sister, even if it means deserting her friends, stealing a car and running away with a boy she barely knows—a boy who may have a dark secret of his own.

 

Moon Rise, Moonstone, Moon Spun by Marilee Brothers

Thanks to NetGalley!

Moonstone: A sickly mom. A tiny house trailer. High school bullies and snarky drama queens. Bad-guy dudes with charming smiles. Allie has problems. And then there's that whole thing about fulfilling a magical prophecy and saving the world from evil. Geez. Welcome to the sad, funny, sometimes-scary world of fifteen-year-old Allie Emerson, who's struggling to keep her and her mom's act together in the small-town world of Peacock Flats, Washington. An electrical zap from a TV antenna sets off Allie's weird psychic powers. The next thing she knows she's being visited by a hippy-dippy guardian angel, and then her mysterious neighbor, the town "witch," gives her an incredible moonstone pendant that has powers only a good-hearted "Star Seeker" is meant to command. "Who, me?" is Allie's first reaction. But as sinister events begin to unfold, Allie realizes she's got a destiny to live up to. If she can just survive everyday life, in the meantime.  


Won:




Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Many thanks to Eleni at La Femme Readers!

My Review








Many thanks to Jessica at Confessions of a Bookaholic!









Embers by Laura Bickle

A BIG thanks to Monica at The Bibliophilic Book Blog for this and the following books!

















Legend of The White Wolf by Terry Spear
Love in Mid Air by Kim Wright






Firespell by Chloe Neill








Demon Possessed by Stacia Kane
Marrying for King’s Millions by Maureen Child
Pleasure of a Dark Prince by Kresley Cole
Vampire Plagues by Sebastian Rook
Wisconsin Wedding by Cala Neggers
Eternal on the Water by Joseph Monnignger
Necessary Heartbreak by Michael Sullivan














Monkey Wrench by Nancey Martin
The Forest House by Marion Bradley
Lover Eternal by J. R. Ward






Mistwood by Leah Cypess








Up from the Blue by Susan Henderson
Uncertain Magic by Laura Kinsale














Night World by L. J. Smith
The Cusp of Dreams by Diana Sheets
Princess of Glass by Jessica George
The Girl Made of Cool by Alan Fox
Blue Magic Sanction by Kim Harrison
Alexandra, Gond by Anna McParlin
Forbidden Loves by Patricia Daly-Lipe






My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent








Mail Order Marriages by Jillian Hart
Alice in Wonderland and Philosophy by William Irwin
Fireworks Over Toccoa by Jeffery Stepakoff
A Vow to Love by Sherryl Woods
Manhood for Amateurs by Michael Chabon
The Harlot’s Progress by Peter Mottley
Within the Hollow Crown by Margaret Barnes
Hand of Isis by Jo Graham
Marked by P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast
Her Last Chance by Michele Albert
Amazon Queen by Lori Devoti
Bandit Lawmen, Texas Bride by Carol Finch
Lover Avenged by J. R. Ward














Dark Deceptions by Dee Davis
Firefly Rain by Richard Dansky
The Monkey Bible by Mark Lasker
Covet by J. R. Ward
Shattered by Joan Johnston
The Founding by Cynthia Eagles


Bought:

The Thinking Machine by Jacques Futrelle
The Mystery of Edwin Drood by Charles Dickens
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
The Complete Stories by Dorothy Sayers
The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett
Father Brown by G. K. Chesterton
The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler
A Scanner Darkly by Philip K. Dick
Bleak House by Charles Dickens
Murder in Memoriam by Didier Daeninckx


Library:

Richard III by William Shakespeare
Richard II by William Shakespeare
Henry IV Part I by William Shakespeare
Henry IV Part II by William Shakespeare
The Sherlock Holmes Mysteries by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle



**I apologize for any typos. This is a long list and it's a busy weekend, so I don't have much time to double check.


It's been a really great week! Thanks to Monica, I'm ready to start quite a few books on my to-be-read list! I've heard a lot of great things about One Amazing Thing, Beautiful Creatures, My Soul to Take, Marked, Mistwood and Firespell, so I'm eager to start them all! I'm also so excited for Whisper and really appreciate Harper sending a review copy! Whisper, Mistwood and Firespell are all on my Debut Author Challenge list too, so hopefully I'll be able to put a dent in it.

What's in your mailbox this week?

9 comments:

Raíla said...

WOW! SO MANY! I hope you LOVE Whisper as much as I did, okay? Enjoy the reading! :-)

kirsty at the overflowing library said...

clockwork angel and firespell are both awesome

my IMMB is here

danya said...

Wow that's a huge load of books! Enjoy :D

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

Wow! So many great books this week. I especially can't wait to read Bright Young Things. Looks amazing!

My IMM is up on my blog if you'd like to check it out. :)
Click here

Christin said...

Wow, so many great books! And a few that I'll have to add to my list! Enjoy!

Natalie said...

Wonderful books :) hope you enjoy them all. I'm really looking forward to reading a Clockwork Angel! Happy reading!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Looks like you had a busy week. Great collections of books for review and won. Hope you enjoy them all. :)

Jamie said...

Oh my stars! You got a mountain of books!! And some great ones at that. JEALOUS!

My IMM vlog

Lori said...

I hope you enjoy your books. Check out what I got In My Mailbox.

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails