Friday, September 24, 2010

Book Blogger Hop: September 24 - 30, 2010

Welcome and thanks for hopping by!

The Book Blogger Hop is a great meme hosted by Crazy-for-Books! The idea is to network and find amazing new blogs to read. You can hop over there to see the rules and join in the fun!


This week's question is...


When you write reviews, do you write them as you are reading or wait until you have read the entire book?

Wow, I never even thought about writing them as I read. I have no idea how I feel about a book until I've read the whole thing. Books can start out great and then fall totally flat, or they can start slow and turn out amazing. I don't think it's fair to judge a book in bits and pieces - I have to wait until I know the work as a whole before I can pass judgment on it. I do take notes as I read though, so that I can remember specific details that I loved or hated when I sit down to write my review.

What about you?


Hop over to Crazy-for-Books to join the fun and see all the participating blogs!

Psst...while you're here, please check out my review of Dead Politician Society by Robin Spano and interview with the author! There's also plenty of time left to enter my SPEAK Loudly Giveaway!

12 comments:

Heather said...

Oh... I've thought about writing them as I read, just can't bring myself to do it! XD

Check out my Hop here:
Book Blogger Hop, Follow Friday and a Giveaway!

Pris said...

Following from Crazy-For-Books! I'm excited to see what you come up with. Check out my site at www.benterudbookshelf.blogspot.com
Pris

danya said...

I don't think I could review as I read either...but apparently a lot of people take notes so maybe I should try that! Do you find it distracts at all from the reading experience (like pulls you out of the story)?

La Coccinelle said...

Just stopping by from the Hop! Have a great weekend!

Savannah Smith said...

Thank you for following my blog! :) I'm your newest follower!

Have a fantastic weekend! :)

LMW said...

You are always a great reviewer Casey! I don't take notes ever! I like going for the emotional ride and seeing where I end up when it's over! Have a super weekend!
The Delusional Diaries

Deepali said...

HM, perhaps I should jot down real notes, instead of mental ones that may not stick :)
Launching an international Giveaway today!
e-Volving Books

Elizabeth said...

Just hopping by....

Stop by my blog if you get a chance for the answer to this week's questions…it was my question that was chosen…pretty neat.

I also have a lot of reviews you may want to check out.

Happy Hopping, Everyone....hop on over to my blog to see MY answer to MY question. :)

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

Carolina Valdez Miller said...

Hm, never occurred to me to do that! I like to have an overall impression of a book before I review it! I've never taken notes either. Good idea though!

Maidenveil said...

Hi, Casey! Just hopping by! I'm already a follower of your blog. I also take notes or put markings as I read. then write reviews after I finish the book. :)

have a nice weekend!

-Len-
Musings of a Reader Happy

Mel said...

Thanks for stopping by for the hop. Hope you are having a good weekend :)

Alison said...

Hopping through. Hope you're having a a great weekend!
My Hop

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails