Friday, August 20, 2010

Book Blogger Hop: August 20 - 26, 2010

Welcome and thanks for hopping by!

The Book Blogger Hop is a great meme hosted by Crazy-for-Books! The idea is to network and find amazing new blogs to read. You can hop over there to see the rules and join in the fun!


I recommend these sites in particular, which I discovered on last week's Hop:

Giraffe Days
Bookend Diaries
Under a Star Studded Sky
A Book Obsession


This week's question is:

How many blogs do you follow?

Well, I follow a LOT of blogs in Google (509), but it's not humanly impossible to visit them all every single day. I try to take a day or two each week to visit different blogs on my list, whether they be particular favorites or because I see an intriguing post. I try to make real visits, reading several posts and leaving at least one meaningful comment. There are maybe 30 sites that I subscribe to via RSS or email which I read more religiously (I'm looking at you Pure Imagination and La Femme Readers) - but I add more to that list whenever I find a particularly well done blog.

What about you? Is your Google reader out of control?


Hop on over to Crazy-for-Books to see all the participating blogs!

Happy Hopping!

Pssst - While you're here, please check out my interview with bestselling author Cassandra Clare (Clockwork Angel, The Mortal Instruments)



13 comments:

Smash Attack! said...

Happy Friday! :)

Natalie (Mindful Musings) said...

509? Well, you've got me beat, but I'm close (478).

I hope you have a fabulous Friday! :)

pussreboots said...

Happy Friday. Come see how many blogs I subscribe to.

Maidenveil said...

Hi, Casey! Just hopping by! I'm already a follower of your blog.

I follow blogs through blogger and I rarely use Google Reader. Although now I'm interested in using it. :D

have a nice weekend,

-Len-
Musings of a Reader Happy

Rachel said...

Just stopping by via the hop. I am already a follower but thought I'd say hello. Have a great weekend and happy reading!

Rachel
And the plot thickens...

misha1989 said...

Hopping by your blog! I am already a follower.

Misha
My Love Affair With Books

Book Junkies said...

Happy Friday!

I'm a new follower :) Have a nice weekend!

-Ashley

acbookjunkies.blogspot.com

Elizabeth said...

Hopping by on the Blog Hop...nice site.

Stop back at mine if you like.

I am now a follower.

Emilie said...

Just dropping by through the hop! I really like the look of your blog and I'll definitely be back to see what's happening around here.

Shannon (Giraffe Days) said...

Hi Casey, I'm here on the Hop! Looking forward to reading more of your blog :)

(it IS hard to keep up, isn't it?!)

TheBookishSnob said...

Hopping through. I feel so silly right now because until this Hop I had NO idea what a google reader was LOL

Hope you have a great weekend

danya said...

Hi, hopping on by! Thanks for your kind comments about my review of Nothing (lol). Hope that if you do decide to pick it up, it will be worth it! :)

Anne Bennett said...

Just found your blog via the Jane Austen Challenge and your review of Emma which I am reading next. So this is a stop over on the Friday (now Saturday) Blog Hop. I am your latest follower. I'd love it if you'd take a peek at my blog...in fact here is the link to my JA books review (I did four at once)
-Anne
http://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com/2010/02/celebrating-jane-austen.html

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails