Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly (& Cover Art News)

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting!


Coming October 12, 2010!

 

BROOKLYN: Andi Alpers is on the edge. She’s angry at her father for leaving, angry at her mother for not being able to cope, and heartbroken by the loss of her younger brother, Truman. Rage and grief are destroying her. And she’s about to be expelled from Brooklyn Heights’ most prestigious private school when her father intervenes. Now Andi must accompany him to Paris for winter break.

PARIS: Alexandrine Paradis lived over two centuries ago. She dreamed of making her mark on the Paris stage, but a fateful encounter with a doomed prince of France cast her in a tragic role she didn’t want—and couldn’t escape.

Two girls, two centuries apart. One never knowing the other. But when Andi finds Alexandrine’s diary, she recognizes something in her words and is moved to the point of obsession. There’s comfort and distraction for Andi in the journal’s antique pages—until, on a midnight journey through the catacombs of Paris, Alexandrine’s words transcend paper and time, and the past becomes suddenly, terrifyingly present.

Jennifer Donnelly, author of the award-winning novel A Northern Light, artfully weaves two girls’ stories into one unforgettable account of life, loss, and enduring love. Revolution spans centuries and vividly depicts the eternal struggles of the human heart.

(From Goodreads) 

Here's what Jennifer Donnelly had to say about Revolution on her website:

A bit about the new book: As you might expect from the title, it’s about a revolution. On one level, it’s about the French Revolution and one of its smallest victims. On another level, it’s about the revolution inside, about the changes we human beings go through as we struggle to make sense of our world.

All the books I’ve written have taken me on a journey. To places in the real world and places in the mind, where I’d never thought I’d go. But the journey Revolution took me on was the hardest, weirdest, and most wrenching. I think it might also be the most rewarding.

My thoughts: I think this book sounds like a great blending of genres: Historical fiction and contemporary fiction (behold the beauty of time travel), some Sci-Fi/Fantasy, and I'm sure there's bound to be some romance. I love the idea of colliding eras - where the past and the present meet through the pages of a diary (Tom Riddle, is that you?), and in the catacombs no less. I get chills just thinking about it!

Available for Pre-order!



Also by this author: The Tea Rose Trilogy and A Northern Light

What book are you eagerly anticipating? Share your WoW picks in the comments!


----------------------------------------------------------

In other EXCITING news....



The Iron Queen cover has just been revealed! 

What do you think? I just love all the covers in the Iron Fey trilogy - they're beautiful! I'm not a big fan of pink, but I think it works well with the colors of the first two covers, don't you? 

You can read author Julie Kagawa's cover announcement here.

You can also now read the first chapter of The Iron Daughter here!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Great WoW pick!! Tom Riddle lol! And the cover for The Iron Queen is Stunning!!

Kelli (I'd So Rather Be Reading) said...

Oooh! I like that cover---even though it is pink. :)

Erica said...

I love the cover for the Iron Queen - I simply cannot wait for that one!

Alyssa Kirk @ Teens Read and Write said...

I thought I already commented...oh well. I love colliding eras too. And Iron Queen cover is beautiful!

~Alyssa
Teens Read & Write

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

I LOVE the new pink cover :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails