Friday, July 30, 2010

Book Blogger Hop: July 30 - August 5, 2010

Welcome and thanks for hopping by!

The Book Blogger Hop is a great meme hosted by Crazy-for-Books! The idea is to network and find amazing new blogs to read. You can hop over there to see the rules and join in the fun!


I haven't done this meme in a while, so unfortunately I don't have any "new finds" to list from last week. I'm going to try to start participating regularly though, so next week I should have some newly discovered blogs to share!

A new feature has been added to the hop so that participants also answer a weekly question. Here's this week's:  

 Who is your favorite new-to-you author so far this year?

I would definitely have to say Julie Kagawa (you guys saw that one coming, didn't you?) I've only gotten fully on board the paranormal/fantasy bus recently, and The Iron King was the first ever fey novel I read. The wrong book could have thrown me off forever, but Julie's series is AMAZING! The characters are so loveable and hilarious, the world is so rich and detailed, and the writing is so eloquently crafted. This is the standard by which all other fey novels will be measured from now on in my reading life.

Hop on over to Crazy-for-Books to see the full list of participating blogs!

Happy Hopping!


7 comments:

danya said...

Hi, just dropping by on the hop! I'm your newest follower :) I also enjoyed The Iron King, especially the character of Puck!

The Bookish Type said...

Hi Danya! Thanks for hopping by! I LOVE PUCK! He's so underrated - I always get very excited when I find a fellow Team Puck member =)

Lover of Romance said...

Just dropping over for the hop!!! I hope you are having a good weekend so far!!!

Feel free to come and visit me atAddicted To Romance


Happy Reading!

Steph said...

Hi Casey, I am following u via networked blogs. So, my "no older than 25" fellow blogger -- you have a nice place here. Lots going on. Hope you can stop by Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com

Diva's Bookcase said...

Hello, girlie! I'm your newest follower and thanks for visiting my blog.

amandawk said...

Stopping by from the hop. Hope you had a great weekend!
talesandtreats.blogspot.com

The Bookish Type said...

Thank you all so much for stopping by! I will definitely check out your sites! This is such a great meme - it's fun to meet fellow book bloggers!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails