Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (& a New Release Newsflash!)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Thanks to finals, I haven't been able to start a new book (yet) this week, so in the spirit of Monsters in May my teaser comes from New Moon by Stephenie Meyer!



"That's when I heard the noise that must have wakened me in the first place. Something sharp scraped along the length of my window with a high-pitched squeal, like fingernails against the glass." ~Chapter 11

That sentence gives me chills every time. *Shiver*. Keep an eye out for my upcoming review of New Moon this weekend and don't forget to enter my Monsters in May giveaway for a chance to win a copy of The Host by Stephenie Meyer and other great Twilight prizes!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

In other exciting book news:


The Red Pyramid, the first book in Rick Riordan's newest Camp Half-Blood series entitled The Kane Chronicles, hits bookstores today! I, for one, cannot wait to get my hands on this one! I am a HUGE fan of Riordan's first Half-Blood series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians (read my review of The Lightning Thief here).

Here's the synopsis of The Red Pyramid from Goodreads:

Since their mother’s death, Carter and Sadie have become near strangers. While Sadie has lived with her grandparents in London, her brother has traveled the world with their father, the brilliant Egyptologist, Dr. Julius Kane.

One night, Dr. Kane brings the siblings together for a "research experiment" at the British Museum, where he hopes to set things right for his family. Instead, he unleashes the Egyptian god Set, who banishes him to oblivion and forces the children to flee for their lives.

Soon, Sadie and Carter discover that the gods of Egypt are waking, and the worst of them--Set--has his sights on the Kanes. To stop him, the siblings embark on a dangerous journey across the globe--a quest that brings them ever closer to the truth about their family, and their links to a secret order that has existed since the time of the pharaohs.

I'll definitely be reading this one soon and I hope you will too!

11 comments:

Lesley said...

great teaser. I love New Moon but Ellipse was definitely was my favorite. Good Luck on your finals. Mine just finished : )

Missy B. said...

Thanks for hopping by my blog! Very nice to meet you! I really like this Book Blogger Hop...I am meeting so many nice people and wonderful blogs.

Happy Reading!

Book ♥ Soulmates said...

Truthfully, this was my least fave of the series, but still a fantastic book! You chose a great teaser :)

Here are our teasers :)

Have a great day!
♥Isalys

The Bookish Type said...

Thank you all so much for stopping by and commenting! Have a great Tuesday!

@Lesley - Thanks!! I can't wait for them to be overrr. Eclipse is my favorite too - it's really the climax of the series with the action and the ramifications of the problems that started in Twilight and, of course, the love triangle =)

@Missy B - The Hop is great! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Have a great week!

@Book Soulmates - I wasn't big on New Moon the first few times I read it either, but as Jake grew on me, I started liking it more. I can see why it would be your least favorite though. I'm glad you liked the teaser! Thanks for stopping by - I'll go check out yours now!

Audrey said...

Great teaser on New Moon. I want to read it first before I see the film. Here is a teaser from Mike Hogan's new book, "The Ovary Wars," which is a medical mystery/thriller that I am reading right now and can't put down!:
"John’s journey home was filled with relief, and apprehension. He was relieved that he was no longer a captive, but fearful that he now had to face his mother. He knew he would not be able to avoid an explosive confrontation unless he told her the truth."

The Bookish Type said...

Thanks Audrey! I would DEFINITELY recommend reading it first! The books are sooooooo much better than the movies. Have you read/seen Twilight? The title of the book you're reading is very intriguing! lol! Hmmm I wonder what the "truth" is that he wants to hide! Great teaser - thanks for sharing!!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Great teaser! It has to be nails on glass. So who is it? Is it danger? Great! If you would like to stop by I have a teaser up. (I can't remember if you stopped already, sorry) http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2010/05/teaser-tuesday-25.html

The Red Pyramid does look like a great read. :)

vvb32 reads said...

i loved the twilight series! enjoy!
btw: you've been awarded ;-D
http://vvb32reads.blogspot.com/2010/02/most-amazing-follower-award.html

vvb32 reads said...

just found out you're re-reading the twilight series. i plan on doing that too sometime. and i do love it more than the movie versions

The Bookish Type said...

I swear I remember replying to your comments, but now I don't know where my response has gone...*grumbles* technology.

@Melissa - I'm glad the teaser piqued your interest! I stopped by your blog & really enjoyed your teaser! I'm definitely gonna check out Lord of the Changing Winds - I love griffins =) Thanks so much for stopping by!

@vvb32 - Welcome fellow Twilighter! I'm glad I'm not the only one that prefers the books to the movies =) Enjoy your reread! Aww thanks so much for the award! I really appreciate it! =)

The Lit Witch said...

Great teaser! I enjoyed this whole series, though none of the follow-ups quite measured up to Twilight. My teaser comes from Captivity by Deborah Noyes this week.Here's the link

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails