Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Teaser Tuesday - Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte


Welcome to my very first Teaser Tuesday!

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teaser is from Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (I've read it before, but I'm re-reading it. It's THAT good. Well, and I have to write a paper on it ;-))



"While I paced softly on, the last sound I expected to hear in so still a region, a laugh, struck my ears. It was a curious laugh - distinct, formal, mirthless." (Chapter 11)

My review will be posted sometime this weekend!

You're welcome to link to your teaser in the comments, or post it there if you don't have a blog!

8 comments:

Christina/Book Addict said...

I love Jane Eyre and I'm so glad you are enjoying it! Great teaser.

Jen said...

One of my all-time favorite classics!!! I plan on re-reading it, too!! I can't wait to read your review.

Bethany said...

I love Jane Eyre! Should get round to rereading one day! Check out my teaser here:
http://subtlemelodrama.blogspot.com/2010/04/teaser-tuesday-surprise-its-anna.html

Whitney said...

Jane Eyre, what a classic. Fantastic teaser!

Kathy Martin said...

Nice teaser! I have never read Jane Eyre. I tend to skip classics. I have very low brow taste. Happy re-reading!

The Bookish Type said...

Thank you all! I'm glad to hear so many of you love this novel as much as I do! =)

@Kathy - I would definitely recommend reading this one, even if you're not a fan of classics in general. There's just something about this story!

vvb32 reads said...

great classic. enjoy the read.

vvb32 reads said...

great classic! enjoy the read.

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails