Saturday, March 13, 2010

And so it begins...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I thought I’d start by telling you a little bit about myself and this blog.

My name is Casey and I am the bookish type. People I know say that I have a different book every time they see me. I don’t really remember how this love affair with reading started, but it’s been a part of my personality for as long as I can remember. There are so many amazing books in the world, it sometimes makes me sad that I’ll never get to read them all. I also aspire to a career in publishing and was told that reviewing books would be good experience, plus it’s fun to share my joy with fellow bookworms. I hope you enjoy! Feel free to leave suggestions for books you think I should read and review!

A few of my favorite books include (but are by no means limited to):
All of Jane Austen’s novels (Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Emma, Mansfield Park, Persuasion, Northanger Abbey)
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer
The Host by Stephenie Meyer
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
The Mediator Series by Meg Cabot
A Room of One’s Own by Virginia Woolf
The Princess Bride by S. Morgenstern
The Percy Jackson & the Olympians Series by Rick Riordan
All of Sarah Dessen’s books (especially This Lullaby, Just Listen, The Truth About Forever, Lock and Key, and Along for the Ride)
The Uglies Series by Scott Westerfeld
The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
“A Midsummer Night’s Dream” by William Shakespeare
“Much Ado About Nothing” by William Shakespeare
"As You Like It" by William Shakespeare
The Anne of Green Gables Series by L.M. Montgomery
and the list goes on…

I also have a Twitter account for this blog, as well as an email address: thebookishtype@yahoo.com
 
Feel free to get in touch! I love talking with fellow bookaholics. Keep an eye out for the first review – it will be announced via Twitter and should be up soon!

*Authors and Publishers: I will gladly accept review copies or ARCs of books. Please read my complete review policy. If you would like me to review your book, please email me.

0 comments:

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails